Are you comfortable in your in your skin?

Are you comfortable in your in your skin?

I got some things that look like small swellings on my face, am scared sometimes to even confront anyone because the look that they give me scares me a lot, if only they could know what my brain is made of, they would think otherwise.

Hi ! @triga
Yes ! I am comfortable in my own skin but i’ll be lying if I say that it didn’t bother me at all, not even once, of course it did. I grew up in a society where the definition of beauty is having a white porcelain skin. I am morena and I am proud to be. Before I used to use a lot of whitening products and still felt ugly. Then one day I just woke up and realized that - what’s wrong with my skin ? From then on I became more confident, loving myself more and embracing what God has given me. I thought that He wouldn’t give this to me if it does not suit me very well. He made us all beautiful and unique, so what would I want to try and change it ? Since then, life has been more beautiful than ever.

1 Like

Hello, @triga
I have a lot of scars in my own body, some of when I was a child, others I cut myself when I was in high school, and fell last year and got a big scar in my forehead and nose. I do felt sometimes insecure about it, but I don’t think that much about it, because I like and love myself and that’s what you got to do to my friend.
Remember God is love, and he loves you as you are, I’m sure your family and friends do too, so don’t worry that much about it. Like and love yourself. Talk to the Lord about it, he’ll give you a good advice too.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

I do but it has been a journey for me to get to where I am right now. Being comfortable in your own skin simply means not comparing yourself to others, and feeling OK with whatever choices you make in life. It can mean accepting how you look, being cool with how much you weigh, having good self-esteem, liking where you’re at in life. But at the core of it all is the sense that you are fine just as you are. When you’re truly comfortable with yourself, you don’t feel the need for comparisons, and you don’t feel the need to do things simply to impress others.

@triga Embrace yourself and your unique qualities, If you don’t love yourself, then it won’t matter how many other people do. Give yourself enough “me time” to learn to really love the person you are and to do the things that matter to you.

Hi there @triga! Before, I am not really confident of my skin color. I use a lot of whitening products, but nothing happens. I’ve tried bleaches, even oral and sublingual glutathione sprays; but then again nothing happens. So instead of worrying about my skin, I realized it doesn’t really matter if you have imperfect skin as long as you have a good and generous heart. After all, it is just part of our physical aspect; what matters most is our spiritual.

Hmm, for me no. I get bullied a lot for being skinny. I just laugh it out sometimes but deep down it hurts.

Although my natural personality is an introvert, I can talk to people regardless of my appearance, what clothes am I wearing, whether my hair is fixed or not, do I have a pimple, etc. However, when I was younger, and less mature, I am always conscious about my appearance. Now, that I grew up socially, emotionally, and spiritually, my physical look doesn’t bother me anymore. Of course I should still be mindful with the clothes that I wear because there is a Biblical command about it which is to dress modestly or appropriately.

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. - 1 Timothy 2:9-10

I believe that this command is not only for women but the principle can also be applied to men.