4 years ago something horrible happened. I tried to end everything, but a miracle happened

4 years ago something horrible happened. I tried to end everything, but a miracle happened. Though at that time I did not think it was one but came to realize a few months later it was when I did the most foreign thing to me…SURRENDER. I gave my life to Christ and was saved. I was baptized and born again.
What I’m struggling with now is trying to get and continue with the TRUTH. THE WORD. I’m a military veteran and have TBI so I have difficulty reading, staying focus, or understanding things I try to read myself. So I got involved with churches and online churches. But I’m not sure if I’m getting the message because I feel I’m getting mixed messages from different preaching or pastors.
My girlfriend is a Steven Furtick and Joel Osteen guru or follower and I been watching them. Again not feeling it. Then I read or hear things about these churches and it is making me not interested in them. Is this just me? Am I being deceived? Deceived by Satan?
This past Sunday, we where watching Steven Furtick (elevation church) and he actually put an X in the KJV bible on John 5:4. Which I guess isn’t in any other bible version, and said this NEVER HAPPENED. Maybe I’m so early in my Christian walk that I’m just to sensitive.
Can someone please shed some light on this?
Im from Detroit, MI.

Ricardo Joaquin

Every person interrupts the Bible in a different way. You must try to read scripture for yourself and let God direct you in what it says! Listening to too many different people causes confusion and yes, if Satan can use that he will. Praying for you to… See more

Tisa Neal

I was also once entranced by those television pastors, then I started praying for discernment because I was noticing inconsistencies. They are called prosperity preachers. Make you think life is going to be all glorious. No, we will suffer as Christ su… See more

Amanda Rosser

What I usually suggest is this: if something feels “off,” it probably is. God gave us His Spirit as a guide. If something tears and nags at you, there’s usually a reason. Being a new Christian, you are very impressionable and susceptible to deceptio… See more

Summer B. Orman

Les Feldek (don’t think I’m spelling it right) on CTN really knows how to teach. No personal opinions. The Bible speaks for itself. He really makes God’s Word easy to understand. At least check it out. Be blessed.

Barbara Zebleckis