A Devotional: The Only Human who Walked on Water

Matthew 14: 27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

Apostle Peter, although the leader and most outspoken of all the 12 apostles, are criticized by many Christians today for his impulsiveness. I have heard pastors talking about Peter’s lack of faith or having that of a weak faith as he began to sink after seeing the boisterous waves around him. Peter may have wavered in faith when he saw the waves and suddenly remembered no human being should be walking on water, but he was the only one in the first place who trusted Jesus enough to dare to walk on water.

And so he did. Peter walked on water! How can we say his faith is less than ours? He goes on in history as the only human to ever walk on water.

Peter had so much passion and in his eagerness was careless in several occasions. He was also the one who denied Christ three times, but then again he was the only one courageous enough to follow Christ when the Roman soldiers arrested him. Peter took chances and in the process became rash at times. But if he didn’t take any chance, if he didn’t have a passionate faith, he could not have experienced how it was to walk on water.

Thanks for sharing this @eestioko, it was a great devotional about having a firm faith to God…Let me share a prayer for all of us…

Loving Father we want to praise and thank You for Your tender mercy towards all of Your children. As we faced with different troubles in our life… we pray that You will help us to realise that no matter what happens, You are near us at all times and that You are working all things in our life together to help to mature our faith unto you. Help us Lord, to trust You more, in Jesus name we pray, Amen…