A Prayer Request for my Fellow Countrymen

I barely know any political news regarding my country because I know how flawed these things can be, and I get it. My only concern is how people respond to the situation. My country, the Philippines, like any other country is suffering due to the pandemic. But what I notice is that instead of people helping each other, they are hating on each other due to different political views. Yes, each one of us has different opinions but I believe it is very unnecessary and pointless to be hating one another most especially during a pandemic. I just ask for you guys to pray for my fellow Filipinos, may they realize how the hatred they are showing will only fuel a fire that will slowly burn and ruin the nation.

I do not have a stand in terms of the political views of people most especially since I do not know that much, I am just concerned about how people treat each other, there are children listening. I do not want the next generation to do the same.

oh hi @kianna, Philippines represent!
Let us pray for our country and fellow countrymen as well.
“Merciful God, we pray for peace to rule our hearts and that of the people in Philippines as well as other countries especially during this pandemic. Teach us to follow your example, to care and show compassion to people in need. Give us the strength to help lift each other and give them hope. Unite us toward a common goal of peace and prosperity for all. May you inspire our leaders to restore calm and civility so that their nation can be a haven where children can grow into all you intend them to be.” Amen.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Jean! I really do hope goodness and righteousness will be instilled in people’s minds as they face these challenges.

@kianna: Very true! It is really heartbreaking to see people bashing each other. And it hurts that many of the Filipino’s hate our President. I am from Davao City since I was a child and Rodrigo Duterte is our Mayor back then… Anyway, I pray that good Lord will touch each others heart and let peace reign inside it instead of hate. May you unite each other in your arms Lord that instead of pushing each other and pointing wrong fingers, may they realize that this is not the time to be bitter to each other. May kindness and generosity reign as always…In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

1 Like

In the midst of this pandemic Covid-19, the best respond we can do is to pray for whatever we see or heard in news. Especially our leaders and countrymen.

Abba Father, I lift up to you our fellow countrymen to shut their mouth if they will not say any blessings of life. I pray that they will be able to pray and support every leaders that you have appointed for such a time like this. May all countrymen be united in choosing to honor you and trust you.

In Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Yes, hating on each other won’t help. Instead of picking sides, choosing whose right or wrong, weighing whose fault is much worse, and bringing our other people’s dark pasts, it would be better to be between these fights and make things right.
Ang magkaaway ipag bati
Gumitna ka at wag kumampi
-FRANCIS M.

1 Like

Yes, indeed @theenaocay! Thank you so much for the wonderful prayer! God bless you and keep safe always!

@kianna: True! It seems like one person is recruiting other person to hate the same person they hate… Sometimes we are fortunate to be surrounded by people we like, but other times we have to live, work, or interact with people we don’t like. So the best thing to do is live a neutral life, like just give your opinion if you are being asked; otherwise if you are not being asked, then you just keep quiet. :grin:

1 Like

Yep, talking more will only create more havoc, and that is not quite helpful in a time like this

Goodmorning everyone… I wanted to ask some of your prayers to those people who are experiencing the Typhoon particularly to @Bhert 's family who are living in Bicol Region and to other families as well …If you have spare time can you pray with me?

God our Father, look kindly on us in distress. May we come nearer to your presence to seek true refuge in this time of calamity. May we continue to trust, to hope and to love, giving each other comfort and encouragement. May generous people come to the aid of those who are most in need. Let your Spirit strengthen us to face all hardships and difficulties of the present and of the days ahead. Protect each and everyone as the Typhoon strikes. In Jesus name we pray…Amen.

2 Likes

Dear Lord God, we adore and love you. I pray for the people living in the Bicol Region and to Sir @Bhert’s family. At this time, with the pandemic, risky jobs, and food is an issue, truly a typhoon would be too much to handle. People are struggling just to have food on their table. All of these Lord God, but we still know how powerful You are. Your love and power are far bigger than our problems and struggles. We can get through this with You, Lord God.

1 Like

Thank you @MakkaPakka, @kianna for your Prayers.

Hi Brothers and Sisters I hope you are all safe. I am asking a prayer requests to all of you. My place in Bicol Region is now in the state of Calamity. As of now the briefing of weather report is here:

In an online briefing past 5 am on Thursday, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said Ambo now has maximum winds of 150 kilometers per hour (km/h) from the previous 130 km/h and gustiness of up to 185 km/h from the previous 160 km/h.

I have fears right now. Fears about the effect of the typhoon in the livelihood and a fears if how can people overcome again this struggles while we are in the struggles of this pandemic. But I believe through this, God is in control. I highly appreciate your Prayers. :pray::pray: Heavenly Father, help those people living in the high risk areas in Bicol make them safe Father and let this typhoon end. In Jesus name. Amen. :pray:

1 Like

Was not expecting a typhoon because I got too affected by the virus. :frowning: Do not lose faith in God @Bhert!! We will surely pray for you and your family’s safety!

1 Like

Hello Everyone.

I want to share Good News of the Lord. :blush::wave:
As stated today in the Weather Report Typhoon "Ambo’’ landfall over the Burias Island and continuously weakens. Thank you to all your Prayers. Seeing this typhoon slow-down means God truly hear us. Let me share a word of how God calms the Storm:

" Jesus Calms the Storm"
Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. Matthew 8:23-26.

If we have faith, then no harm is to come to us and if you act like Jesus and simply command the chaos to “be still,” then you will at least achieve some inner sense of peace and thus be less troubled by what is occurring. Even when Jesus leads us “through the valley of the shadow of death”, we should fear no evil, for HE IS WITH US. We too can rest in faith during the storm. Our boat isn’t going down, because Jesus is on board.

Having faith in God is a blessing to everybody. :pray:

1 Like

Hello there @Bhert…that is a good news…truly indeed that our Lord hears our prayers. As stated in Mark 11:24 “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours”…Let us still keep on praying for those places who are affected too…And send our regards to your family in Bicol…

1 Like

AMEN! Yes, the Lord God really heard our prayers! That is definitely good news, @Bhert! God is indeed greater than the typhoon! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Still praying for those people whose lives got badly damaged because of the typhoon. Let us all trust God’s plans! Better days are coming. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna,
This is sadly one of the problems of the modern world, especially when the people is in need and with how corrupt some politicians are… It’s not like all of them are, but that is a world were the majority don’t have their hands clean. People tend to get their emotions not in control, that’s why we need to pray to God to lead us in the way and not be fueled by rage and desesperation.
Dear God, I pray for you to lead us with faith and trust in our own people, in our neighbors and brothers, in our family and friends, to find the true way to fight and win against hate and the virus on this world right now, give us unity and love to share and find the true happiness with you. Amen.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

Yes indeed! Some people get blinded by money, what’s worse is they get controlled because of it. :frowning: Sometimes it is useless if we try to talk to them if they won’t listen. So I believe that prayers will help them. Thank you so much @Luis_Ruiz! God bless you!