Are we going to lose our Earth memories when we go to Heaven?

It is written that we are going to be cleansed when we go to heaven. But do we lose all our memories there? and just during judgment we will watch a playback of our lives on earth?

2 Likes

Interesting question. Never thought about it before. I thought once we die we go to gate of heaven and angel will have a list of people who can enter heaven. If I am in that list I can enter. If not I will be thrown to hell. What makes you think about memories and playback of our lives? Anything in the bible about it?

1 Like

Here is at least one of the passages that contains hints of what @cocoyoongie is referring to (I think!):

Revelation 21:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

I, too, had this same question. I remember that I understood after studying it that God will only wipe from us what is wicked, sad, painful, etc.

I just cannot find my notes on the other passage that helped me understand this!

1 Like

Yes @Sunami_Carpenter that is what I am talking about. God will wipe out everything wicked about us and he will make us a new creation. So i think all the bad things will be wiped away and the good things will retain i think.

Our leader always say that in the judgment seat of Christ, God will playback our lives on Earth. I dont know if its biblical i havent ask him that question. Maybe we can talk about this more.

1 Like

Excellent question. And yes, I think it’s very worth talking more about, @cocoyoongie!

Go here for a short blog with scripture references (that pop up on mouse over!) that explains what the Judgment Seat of Christ is in the Bible.

https://www.gty.org/library/questions/QA97/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-judgement-seat-of-christ

I know I’m going over there to read it! (I trust this source to be solid Biblically. And since it is in writing, it’s even easier to check.)

Also, this is excellent with scripture back up (and mouse over) also:

https://www.gotquestions.org/judgment-seat-Christ.html

@Sunami_Carpenter thank you for this!

1 Like