As a Christian, how do you motivate yourself to learn something new that you know you really need to learn?

I ask this question because as human beings, we tend to fall back to our old, bad habits (procrastinating, etc). So how do you motivate yourself?

Hello, dear @Apr,
A good way to do this is to ask yourself, “what something that I want?”. When you know the answer, ask “would Jesus like this for me?”, if the answer on the second question is yes then think “how I can get that?”.
After that you’ll have a lot more questions and answers to look for, with it what’s left is your actions to learn something new and act for that something you wanted at the start.
It’s a fun little exercise when you don’t feel motivated.
Always remember, with God everything is possible.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

@Apr: There are really times that I fall back to my bad habits, but I am glad that it was lesser now than before. I tend to procrastinate all the time before, but as of this past days, weeks, and months I keep motivating myself by having a goal. I write them down in a piece of paper like “to do things” and check all my accomplishments from time to time.

So timely, recently God is dealing me to learn household chores. It is hard for me and also hard for my mentor.

But weeks of being in a quarantine in our country, clearly God wants me to learn it. So honestly, this is a big deal for me. I really cried as I pray.

So, I surrender and submit my heart to HIM and accept that He is training me and preparing me for the next season of my life.

In order for us to not go back to our actions of our old habit. We must pray always to God that he will guide you and must have a sense that you’r doing it again if you have notice your actions. Just keep on praying. And let him in to your heart, mind and soul.

Usually, I try to talk myself into doing it. I reason out why I need to learn it, what the consequences would be if I do not learn it, and most especially I seek for God’s help and guidance. I ask Him to give me strength and patience as I do my duties and responsibilities.