Asking for forgiveness from the Father is not repenting. Many will say each day please forgive me of my sins but it ends there

Asking for forgiveness from the Father is not repenting. Many will say each day please forgive me of my sins but it ends there.
Repentance is turning way from that sin. Many times we fail to turn and that is why we have to keep asking for the same sin.
Ask the LORD to forgive you and then turn from that sin and do it no more.
I have been guilty of this many times, shame on me.

Steven Richardson

yes, to repent is to change your mind!

Kimberly Hervé

The Blood Of Jesus Cleanses every sin you have ever done and then you become a New Creature in Jesus and all sins you will ever commit will be cleansed from believing that Jesus is alive.

Anthony Akins

Yes real repentance is more about turning away from - stopping the behavior - then apologizing.

Mark Buchanan

WRETCHEDEvery Christian life consists of mountain-top experiences of joy and victory countered by deep-valley lows when, in our humanity, we stumble and fall. Perhaps the Apostle Paul said it best in Romans 7:18-24 (NIV):“For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?”How do we recover from these seasons of wretchedness?Remember the Prodigal Son. His father welcomed him home with open arms, which is what Jesus will do with you if you let Him. I know, you probably feel you don’t deserve it–and you don’t–none of us does. But, in the words of Paul, “THERE IS NO CONDEMNATION.” (Romans 8:1)As impossible as it sounds, you really CAN pick right up where you took the wrong turn. You do not have to, nay, you CANNOT earn your way back. It’s Jesus’ gift to you.1 John 1:9 says to confess your sins and He will cleanse you from all unrighteousness. It really is that easy. God can’t use you if you’re wallowing in guilt and regret. That is why he sets us free, not so we can feel better about ourselves, but so he can use us as his hands and feet in this world.At the end of Matthew, as He was ascending into heaven, Jesus said, “OK, guys, I’m leaving you in charge. It’s up to you now to complete the work I started.” (KJV!)Listen, O Christian: Jesus is hiring. You’re already on the payroll, you just took a little unauthorized leave. Are you going to keep feeling bad about your lapse, or are you going to say, “OK, Jesus, I’m back. Hand me a shovel.”?Get on your knees, confess what Jesus already knows, and pray for wisdom and the Spirit (gifts He freely gives). Pray when you get up in the morning, thank Him for every meal, and pray to Him before you close your eyes at night to sleep. If you think you need a refresher course, go to The Story of the Bible and brush up.Get going–the days are getting shorter and the fields are ripe unto the harvest. I, for one, will be praying for you. God bless you. I feel joy for you already.

Melissa Leedom

We need His mercy to forgive us our sins. But we need to confess those misgivings, atone, and through the power of Jesus Christ to amend our lives to avoid recommitting those transgressions.

Jaxon Sebek

Why shame you are just human

Oliver Kent

I have found that the repentance and ability to turn from the sin comes as we turn TO the Holy Spirit through His Word and praise and prayer… It’s a daily practice and process of getting to know Him, and as you do, you lose interest in what displeases Him

Keith Hornsby