Baby Imogen needs your prayers. She starts a new chemo tomorrow

This beautiful picture of Jesus sits near Imogen’s cot. It was sent to us by Christian artist
Nathan Greene
and his lovely wife Patty. It says, “I am the Good Shepherd, and I know my sheep. John 10:14”
I love these reassuring words of Jesus.
Imogen has finished the course of chemo in this current cycle, and now has some time to recuperate until the next cycle begins soon. Although a bit vomity, she has been regaining strength and has been enjoying playing with her sisters while they have been home on school holidays.

Please join us in continuing to pray for baby Imogen’s full healing from brain cancer, congenital Glioblastoma Multiforme Grade 4, and that God guides her medical team and treatment.
Love from Brad and Christie Rea - please share
#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord
Psalm 34:17-18
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Brad Rea

Little Imogen has just started another round of chemo at home this morning. We are asking God to rid her of the cancer and that the treatment would be successful. She had an appointment at the hospital 2 days ago where they checked her blood levels and did a general review. She is now 12.35kg. Praise God.
Imogen loves putting her hands together for prayer (with her fingers carefully interlocked) whenever someone is praying. She loves it.

Please join us in continuing to pray for baby Imogen’s full healing from brain cancer, congenital Glioblastoma Multiforme Grade 4, and that God guides her medical team and treatment.
#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Brad Rea

Prayer Request. Imogen is about to start another round of chemo right now. We are praying it works. Christie will administer the 2 types of chemo that she is on to her orally over the next few hours (at home). She passed her blood tests and review by one of her doctors who said she is ready for the next round to proceed.
Her senior oncologist also said that she will have another MRI scan soon.

#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord

Pray for Imogen

Christie administering a dose of chemo to Imogen via her naso-gastric tube. She has been weak and tired and vomiting each day within a few hours of receiving both doses of chemo. Lots of washing and cleanup around the house. Lots of hugs and kisses. Lots of prayer.
Please join us praying that God’s heals Imogen of cancer, and that there are no complications or bad side effects. Praying against any cancer growth. Praying against seizures. God is able.

#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord

Pray for Imogen

Guess who pulled out her ng-tube as she was going to sleep tonight. Thankfully Christie had just given her her evening medications. For this brief time Imogen is completely cord-free (until it gets replaced). A rare sight.
Please pray that God heals her of Glioblastoma cancer, and that we get good news at the next MRI scan.
She is looking good to our eye and has been super excited to have her sisters return from a Pathfinders camping trip they went on on the weekend. She has wanted to play with them constantly.

#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord

Pray for Imogen

Prayer Request.
It’s confirmed - Imogen will have an MRI scan on Thursday this week. Please pray that the scan shows that the cancer has not progressed (but rather that it has reduced). This is a very big deal for little Imogen.
She is also due to start a new round of chemo a few days after the scan.
We are putting our faith and trust in God, and asking for a miracle.

#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord

Pray for Imogen

Asking for prayer for our sweet little girl Imogen who is having an MRI scan in about 12 hours. Imogen has been on chemo for brain cancer (Glioblastoma Multiforme Grade 4). She is now 2 years and 3 months old.
We believe in the power of prayer because we believe that God cares. Please join us in praying for Imogen’s full deliverance from cancer, and good scan results tomorrow (showing no cancer growth).
Thank you for your love and support. Your encouragement means so much to us.

#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord

Pray for Imogen

Imogen has started a new round of chemotherapy. Please pray that it stops the cancer. She has been vomiting a lot, but still enjoying playing and constantly getting into everything around the house (boxes, drawers, washing baskets are all prime targets).
Thank you for your kind messages of support and prayer after last week’s MRI results. With most people in our household sick with a cold at the moment - we are all feeling pretty exhausted here.

#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord

Pray for Imogen

Imogen is in the middle week of her 3-week chemo cycle. There has been a lot of vomiting over the last week, which is reducing now (thankfully). Praying that she remains well and does not get any infection. She has been working on her physical balance and her vocab over the last month - which is very cute.
She has been enjoying playing with her sisters who are all home from school for the Easter holidays.
Praying for victory over cancer and for her to be given a curative treatment.

#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord

Brad Rea

|| Imogen Rea ||
We had GREAT news this morning from Imogen’s medical team!
Her daily chest X-ray today showed no air or fluid in the pleural space between the lungs and the chest wall!!!
Thank God!! This is good progress!
The pleural space is usually empty to allow for the lungs to expand, and the rib cage then opens up to give room to the air inside the lungs, allowing us to breathe without pain or much effort. Imogen’s pleural space has held some fluid for a while since her shunt drainage tube was positioned there about a year ago. This was well tolerated until recently when she became sick with a virus (common cold) which would not bother you and I much, but for Imogen it tipped her over the edge with regard to what her body could cope with. She then acquired another virus (common cold) but was asymptomatic at home and we had no idea her left lung was becoming collapsed under the growing pressure of fluid in the pleural space. Imogen is such a fighter, she kept playing and smiling and having a good time even though she must have been in a lot of discomfort. At the same time, she was having chemo at home which disguised how tired she was from the extra effort of breathing and also disguised that her lung cavity was at capacity with fluid and pressing on her digestive organs, since she always vomits a lot on chemo anyway.
I am unspeakably glad to have caught it in time to get her to hospital and put her in the hands of her medical team before her rapid deterioration on Sunday.
Below, there’s 3 photos. There was less than 2hrs between the first and second photo. She was up playing with me on a floor blanket, she seemed stable and we were waiting on various medical teams to decide a path forward for her treatment. Within a few minutes of the first photo, Imogen suddenly began to drop her oxygen levels even with oxygen support. Her wonderful nurse increased the oxygen flow immediately but her sats continued to drop. Shortly after, we placed her on the bed and the instruction was made that she needed high-flow oxygen with humidifier. All of this triggered an urgent flow of visits from various teams: PICU staff who said she needed to be transferred to ICU asap, neurosurg came back to provide their opinion about the pleural effusion from a shunt perspective, and the Paediatric surgeon checked on her along with the oncology consultant who all agreed she needed surgery within hours. The second photo shows Imogen after the drama of that 2hrs, finally asleep and being monitored closely by the ICU doctor who never left her side until she was admitted to ICU
Later that day she had surgery to drain the fluid around her lungs. At the time of surgery when her chest wall was opened up, some air got inside the pleural space - which commonly happens apparently. She’s been unable to shift the air and her left lung was still partially collapsed even though most of the fluid was gone. So yesterday the teams took her back to theatre and externalised her shunt tubing so that they could more proactively suction the lungs and remove the pocket of air. The last photo is this morning, sitting up again out of her bed, being entertained by Brad and her ICU nurse, and receiving chest Physio from the Paediatric physiotherapist. And her lungs are free of unwanted fluid and air today. We are SO relieved and glad!
Thank you Jesus for coming through again and again for our little girl. And we are incredibly grateful to Imogen’s devoted medical team that spans multiple departments of the hospital. The oncology, neurosurg, paediatric surgical and PICU teams all weighed in on the big decisions that were made over the last few days about Imogen’s pleural effusion and shunt malfunction. Each with their own specialty knowledge and combined experience. Imogen’s neurosurgeon even came in on his holidays to discuss his decisions with Brad last night and I know he’s been involved via phone about her condition too. We can’t even begin to express to you how highly we regard these amazing humans who devote themselves to learning about the body and using their skills to save our baby, and others
We are also thankful for the doctors and nurses who worked over Easter weekend to help those who were sick in hospital like Imogen, instead of being home with their own families and friends.
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for Imogen and us and her medical team as we navigate these latest roadblocks. Nothing is impossible for God. I wish you could see all the details of our story and journey. There’s so much good, so much beauty, so many surprisingly happy moments in amongst the hard (and trust me, there’s SO MUCH hard …it’s all very rough on us). Sometimes it’s easy to only notice the problems, the barriers, the speed bumps and the road blocks in life. That’s just too overwhelming for me. I crumbled under it all on Sunday with Imogen’s rapid deterioration. I thought to myself, maybe I’m out of practice because Imogen has been so well for the last 8 months. Maybe I’m getting soft or not as tough as I used to be.
But then I remembered 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
It’s ok to feel weak, because God is so strong. I only cope because, and when, I’m leaning HEAVILY on Jesus, and he is very much able to exchange my weakness for his strength. I’m in so much debt to Jesus. I’m daily (sometimes hourly) reminded to decide I will be content no matter what changing variety of HARD I am facing in that moment. It’s not natural to be content in the midst of this, and I can’t achieve it through my own effort.
Please keep praying for Imogen. Her medical teams are still making important decisions, such as when to do brain surgery to replace the malfunctioning shunt, whether to relocate the shunt tubing to another organ, and how to time all of this with her next round of chemo due to start this weekend.
Forever grateful for your prayers and support, which this week included friends and family helping us care for our other children and pets while we focus on Imogen in this crisis
Thank you!
Christie
#prayforimogen
#hospitallife
#stayingalive
#Godisgood

Pray for Imogen

|| Imogen Rea ||
Sweet Imogen is getting up and playing with her toys the last 2 days, what a little champion. She’s still in PICU. The medical team are reducing her pain meds and monitoring her fluid intake and output for now. Her chest X-ray continues to look good and the team are confident that her left lung is functioning well again. So today they plan to remove the drain that is currently inserted into the pleural space. One less tube!
If anyone knows where I can get clothing for a 2yo that opens right up at the shoulders and/or sides of the torso, please recommend away! Preferably clothes without metal studs or zips so she can have X-rays without getting undressed. Imogen has tubes all over the place including the IV line on her arm, which makes it hard (ahem, impossible) to wear normal clothes (the tubes need to be accessible to the medical staff at all times). And clothing for her age group typically doesn’t have press studs or many buttons, as a 2yo wouldn’t normally need their clothes taken off so often in the day. I’ve hurriedly modified some shirts into very rough quality makeshift solutions but I don’t know how long they will hold up
And they’re not designed to keep her warm…
Imogen is a more fatigued and quieter version of herself at the moment, after so many procedures and general anaesthetics over a short timeframe. Please pray that she can now regain some strength before receiving more medical interventions next week. She is due to have brain surgery for a shunt review and then chemo next week. At the moment her chemo is being delayed while we wait for brain surgery, so could you please pray that the cancer cannot grow in the gap between chemo rounds.
Thank you for continuing to pray for Imogen
Christie
#prayforimogen
#hospitallife
#stayingalive
#Godisgood

Pray for Imogen

|| Imogen Rea ||
Please pray for Imogen. She seems to be brewing an infection at the wound site where her shunt drainage tube has been externalised on her neck. Her medical team have started her on broad spectrum antibiotic coverage today while they wait for results from the CSF and blood samples as well as the skin swab. We are concerned about how an infection could impact the timeline for shunt surgery and next round of chemo. Please pray for the infection to clear and for Imogen to regain her strength. Thank you!
Christie
#prayforimogen
#hospitallife
#stayingalive
#Godisgood

Pray for Imogen

Urgent Prayer Request. Please pray for Imogen who is about to have brain surgery in 1 hour. They will remove the externalized shunt drain from her neck and her old shunt (which has jammed on a particular setting) and put a new shunt on the other side of her head. Grateful that she has her senior neurosurgeon for the operation today who is very experienced.
Her CT scan went well yesterday, and she only required sedation for it - rather than another general anesthetic. (Thanks for praying!) Imogen was full of energy yesterday, playing in her hospital room and interacting with the awesome staff here in PICU. Please pray she a successful surgery today and that her chemo treatment can restart asap.
God is faithful.

#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord

Brad Rea

More chemo today for Imogen. Her oncologist was happy to restart her chemo treatment today as there have not been any significant complications after the surgery. Due to the chemo being in tablet-form I had to administer it myself in hospital (Christie usually does this at home). Her normal 3-week chemo cycle had been paused for 1 week due to her surgeries. We are relieved it have started again. Praise God.
Please pray that the chemo works and that it rids her of the cancer.

#PRAYFORIMOGEN
#GODISGOOD
#GodHasTheLastWord

Pray for Imogen