Baptism, what does it signify and what does The Bible have to say about it

Baptism, what does it signify and what does The Bible have to say about it.
Acts 2:38, Peter says, “Repent and be Baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirt”. Matthew 3:14, John speaks of baptizing people with water and he references how Jesus is more powerful than himself and will baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire. So it’s one baptism by water for repentance of your sins, and one from the Lords baptism with the Holy Spirit. It was not Jesus who actually baptized, but his disciples
John 4:1-2, however Jesus was baptizing IN THAT the disciples were doing so by his direction!
My conclusion is this; Jesus did not baptize anyone himself because he did not want anyone thinking himself superior to other belivers based on who baptized them. I believe this way Jesus prevented unnecessary divisions.
Matthew 28:19, Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Mike Seay

Acts is the beginning of the New Testament Church. Therefore baptism is essential, Acts 2: 38 Acts 10: 44 -:48, and other scriptures.I also wonder why ppl reject the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Seems to me John 3: 16 is used as an eraser or white out, to get rid of scriptures ppl want to ignore. Makes me sad…

Peter Leesuey

Baptism’s a Sacrament, and, as such, a means of grace. It’s something that God does for people. It’s in force throughout your life. Your baptism’s operative whether you remember it or not. Baptism’s God’s testimony to you. In it, God claims you for Himself. He marks you with an invisible sign. That sign says that you’re to live in submission to His authority.

James McNair Brown

No…that is wrong, to be baptized in Jesus name. Read below how we should be baptized in the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost…Not like apolostic way in Jesus name only!The Great Commission(Matthew 28:16-2016Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Timberley Hidalgo

John the Baptist says it all. The one coming after me will baptize you in Spirit and in fire.Spirit=Born againFire= Lake of fire. No water involved in all that.

Tim Penick

It was the best day of my life. It’s real. And so is the holy spirit. I never realized how busy my conscience was until he cleaned it.

Devin Greil