Be still, and know that I am God

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”Psalm 46:10 (NIV)

1 Like

We must understand that patience is both a command and a gift from God. As a command, patience arrives at the Christian conscience as a matter of accountability. At the same time, patience is a divine gift. Christians are not able, in and of themselves, to demonstrate true patience as a fruit of the Spirit. Patience comes only to those who have been redeemed by Christ and in whom the Holy Spirit is calling forth the fruit of the Spirit.

1 Like

This verse save me from yesterday’s uncontrolled scenario…I am battling with my depression and I have a huge fight between my thoughts, emotions, and to my husband… because of some arguments, it seems like I wasn’t able to control my emotions I almost stabbed myself…:pensive: I am not a suicidal kind of person, but yesterday was the very worst kind of scenario I have ever had…Fast forward, when I was calm, I found this memory verse as my bookmark and started crying so hard until my head is aching and I have no more tears to drop…Thank you Lord for saving me in my darkest hours…

Thank God you’re safe and calm now. I don’t know exactly what you’re feeling or going through but please, whatever it is, always think of your daughter. What if you were not able to control your emotions and you stabbed yourself unconsciously? You will not only get yourself hurt, but also your daughter. And your husband. You are their source of strength. Your daughter needs you. Your husband needs you. They love you and so does God. I know how hard it is to control our emotions, because just like you, I am also battling with depression and anxiety. Oftentimes, we feel alone and empty. May you find peace and strength knowing that your family and Faith Pixel Community loves you. We are family @MakkaPakka.

This is heavy stuff, my friend @MakkaPakka. In the first place, I wish it’s OK that I call you friend. I guess we are friends and “family” here at Faith Pixel, right @Jean?

Our conversations may be impersonal since it’s only through this online platform, but my heart goes to you, @MakkaPakka. Let me tell you a quick story. Last week, as I was driving to the grocery I was shocked to see a couple fighting in the middle of the street. They were both half-naked and it created quite a raucous. They were screaming and hitting each other. The traffic stopped for a moment and as I sat there watching in shock I realized that people are are very volatile these days due to the lock-down. There is so much fear, anxiety, and depression.

I don’t have magic words of comfort to tell you, my friend, but maybe I just wanted to let you know that people these days are all experiencing some level of anxiety.

Oh, wait, yes, I do have some magic words for you. It’s right there: “Be still, and know that I am God.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Jean! I am battling with my thoughts and emotions because it is so hard living life when no one understands you, even your husband…Even I do not want this kind of feeling, and all I need is a person who could comfort and listen to me…not the type of person who will scold me and give me unsolicited advice…depression is a serious thing, no one wants to suffer from it and it wouldn’t be gone instantly…I thank the Lord for saving my life…

I almost cried reading your comment @eestioko…thank you for calling me your friend, I guess I will call you my friend too…:blush:…I am an introvert kind of person, and the only outlet of friends that I have is this community and my parents way back home…I cannot vent out my feelings to my parents for I am afraid they will worry about me here…people might see me physically okay but honestly it is the other side of the story that I am experiencing…this is the hardest part of having depression, the part wherein you act as if you are okay but you’re not…and it is so hard to battle from it if you don’t have someone to understand you…no matter how you explain what you feel, they will judge you for being a weak person, blame you why you suffer it, and scold you for acting such ways…:pensive:…I will be fine soon…thanks friend!

Amen to that. @FaithinGod God will fight your battles if you just keep still. He is able to carry you through. Trust Him. Keep standing, keep believing and keep hoping.

Yes. Depression is a serious matter. It isn’t a joke. Depression kills like cancer. Cancer kills bones, while depression kills our mind. Depression became root cause of suicidal nowadays. Depressed people doesn’t want to die, they just want the pain to stop. They want to live so desperately, but they can’t seem to find a way to. They feel like they have exhausted all their options and the pain they are experiencing is well beyond them. But it’s hard to control our emotions. Emotions kills us. @MakkaPakka Don’t be afraid to seek help if you should. Don’t be afraid to raise your voice and be heard. We cannot handle this kind of battle alone. I know you’ve tried harder, you’ve cried harder, leave the rest to God. For now, rest. I don’t know what else we can do to ease the pain or make you feel more comfortable, but rest assured, you are included in our prayers. We are family here, remember that.

Hi @MakkaPakka, I am happy that you are okay now and God helped you on your darkest day, He gave you the strength to fight what was dragging you down. I will pray for your mental health.

1 Like

Thank you for this beautiful reminder @FaithinGod! Our Lord God is a very strong and powerful God. Whenever I feel like something is out of my control, I sit down, do breathing exercises to calm myself down, and I talk to God.

Thank you @Jean…it’s true, I really do not want to die but I want to stop the pain…I was really shocked afterwards with my behavior on that day, I cannot believe I hold a chopping knife :pensive::pensive::pensive:…No wonder I am still feeling weak today as I am self pitying…but I know everything will be fine soon…thanks for the prayers…I appreciate it!

Thank you dear @kianna…I keep telling everyone that life is beautiful, but then I lost control and wanted to end my life instantly… I really don’t know why on earth I was able to get that knife…all I know is that I wanted to stop the pain and then as I hold the knife everything I see went black…and that’s it! I know God saved me that day, I really do can attest to that…

1 Like

@MakkaPakka We are all humans, we stumble and fall. We do things we did not think we can ever do. What matters is that whatever negative thing we were about to do, we stopped and let God take over. We all get a little lost sometimes, we are not perfect, that is why we need God. I am very happy that you stopped what you were about to do and acknowledged God. God bless you!!

1 Like

Remembering the song of Hillsong “Still”
Please listen to the version of “Still - Natashia Midori”
Sharing you some verses or lines of the song :slight_smile:

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God.