Bible teaches there won’t be any remembrance of this life

Bible teaches there won’t be any remembrance of this life.
Isaiah 65:17

Christy Pearson Hall

Jesus taught in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man that we will remember this life and the people in it. This is how we’ll know our loved ones in eternity.

Ira Fuse

How about this; you’ll know when you get there! Until then, love your God with all your heart, with all your mind and all your soul, and each other, amen!

Debra Yarberry

Mike Taylor That scripture Isaiah 65:17When God says The former things will not be remembered nor will it come to mindIt means everythingWho would want to remember this sinfull worldWhen Adam and Eve sinGod gave them punishmentEverything here on earth is corrupt including flowers, animal let take rose for example, rose has a torn if you touch it you’ll bleedLion will attack you so as the snake Why because of sinSomething really bad happen in that gardenAlso just an exampleIn the book of Psalm 146:4When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing God don’t want us to remember nothing when we leave this sinfull corrupt WorldSo celebrating The dead like President names, Heroes, Martin Luther DayGod said don’t do itOtherwise we’re being disobedient to HimGod Have MercyI’m just sharing thatRuth P. Webb God doesnt remember your sins either, but we do. Do you think that the word remember, and forget might have something yo do with forgiveness, mercy and judgement? Or do you think God literally “forgets”?Mike Taylor God said he will forget our sin yesBut this scripture literally God is talking about us… See more

Ruth P. Webb

This is a huge relief . This life has been so terrifying to me . I eat , I work but my teeth pains , my back , my worries are many ofcourse I trust God almost all the time but still I meet obstacle which threatens me

Harris Anthuapano

The synoptic gospels don’t indicate this, they indicate the contrary such as concepts of Sheol where obviously they remember, although non canonized Christian works go in depth on this lol. In the non canonical Gospel of Thomas I believe he speaks about how most people go to what translates as “the middle place” before they can be purified to be recieved to heaven. In that place they are as drunkards, confused, afraid and estranged yet retain a sense of self that slowly slips away. Yes, this is non canonical I know lol, it’s still Christian topic.

Michael Romasanta

It says it’s a vision

Christy Pearson Hall

Joel Edgar scripture, don’t assumeChristy Pearson Hall I don’t think I understand what you’re getting at

Christy Pearson Hall

Where does the bible teach that? I’d love to explore the passage in question and learn.

Kevin Thomas

Isaiah 65:17 (KJV) For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.Revelation 21:4 (KJV) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.Awhile I do believe life in this world won’t come to mind since life in the new earth will be unlimited time better than this world, I don’t believe we will forget or it being erase.

Dan T Hixson

Ian Millar Nothing God says Incorrect Everything He says is trueRuth P. Webb well then you also believe that the dead are in conscious comfort or torment right now, as Jesus said. Because Luke 16 is very clear on this.

Ruth P. Webb

All of Scripture needs to be taken in balance. If one passage seems to contradict another, it’s possible something could have been lost in translation, or that we don’t understand the entire picture.

We know Jesus will have scars in heaven. And we will forever praise and worship Him for the salvation He brought to us.
Therefore, we know SOME things will be remembered…

However, the pain we have borne… the betrayals caused by our loved ones… the struggle to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table… the loneliness… the heartbreak of knowing loved ones have turned their backs on faith… ALL of that will be forgotten.

I believe that we will even forget the ones we love on earth who don’t make it there. Otherwise, it would be a sad place, thinking of them…

After all, God says in Ezekiel that if a righteous man turns away and lives wickedly, God will forget all the righteousness he had done. And that’s how Jesus will be able to say, “I never knew you.”