Billy Graham's casket was hand built by inmates at Angola

Inmates at one of the country’s most well-known prisons will have a hand in laying Reverend Billy Graham to rest. At his request, Angola inmates built his casket back in 2006.

http://www.wbtv.com/clip/14144840/billy-grahams-casket-was-hand-built-by-inmates-at-angola

4 Likes

I’m not a religious person, and I do not like TV evangelist. But Billy Graham was one of the good guys. He did a lot of good in his lifetime. Much respect to this man.

1 Like

What a blessing, I can see even in death,He was thinking of those in bondage. Praise God,he is with his King. We’ll see you soon my Brother.

As a Christian in US, Rev. Graham has been a part of my life, all of my life. He was a simple man who never thought he was better than anyone else. However; I believe he had God’s ear. He preached to ALL people in ALL countries. He was a Charlotte son who was loved and respected. Rev. Graham will be greatly missed.

2 Likes

It’s beautiful. Money is not the issue here. It is Salvation.He was a GODLY man. The only thing that is going to be in that casket is a shell his Soul is With his Father in Heaven. AMEN

1 Like

A humble loving man will be laid to rest in a humble coffin, no pretension. You are an example to all.

He has left this home and went to hes heaven home r.i.p.peace mr Graham may you rest beside your loving w ife

My heart aches for you as well. You really need to get on your knees and ask forgiveness.
Sounds like you have no morals at all.

May God bless those men, and all of the men and women who serve in prison and jail ministry. Lives are changed. It can happen to everyone…

Amen. May God raise more humble pastors and leaders.

I can’t help but be a little upset by this.
Did the inmates get a say in this?
Was it because inmates are unpaid slave labor?
They did a marvelously beautiful job, regardless of all else. But it bothers me.
Why make people who have no control over their lives already hand carve your casket?