But I can’t have a real relationship with God if I only talk to him and pray when things are hard

Hi everyone
This is my first ever Christian group. I have strayed away from God and turned my back on my religion and all of it was due to how I was raised and what I was taught. I have been so lost this past year. It’s been a rough year and I have come to understand that it’s because I have never had a relationship with God, I didn’t know how to. Every significant male I had ever counted on in my life had let me down so for almost all of my adult life I only counted on myself and convinced myself I didn’t need anyone, not even God. I have had several things happen to me that has brought me to my knees to pray but I can’t have a real relationship with God if I only talk to him and pray when things are hard. I need to talk to him and work on developing a relationship with him everyday. Sorry for the long post. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group.

JoAnn Malone

1 Like

I’ve been there, believe me, he’s just waiting for you to run to him. Thee more time you spend with him the easier it gets. He takes your load of guilt and pain and hurt and gives you a love you have never experienced from Aman. There are some things only God can do. He will set you free bring you joy. You just keep praising him. Watch your life turn around.

Anita Post

You probably did you just need it to grow and mature. Find a strong church, a mentor and maybe a Alpha group or something.

Sabrina Wyman

Christianity is not a religion, is a way of life…

Hamidu Mbitiri

Sounds like you’ve experienced some painful situations this year. I’m so sorry you’ve been hurt. Know that God feels your pain and cares deeply about what has been happening. He is using that though, to bring you into an intimate relationship with Him. So your pain isn’t wasted. During times of deep sorrow, I’ve found that the Psalms are a great place to delve into. The Psalmists wrote about their pain a lot and it’ll help you put words to how you’re feeling. Feel free to reach out if you need any other guidance.

Lacy Pfeiffer Alexander

Everyone of us dirty like a rags in the sight of God but Thanks be to God that He has given His only begotten son to die in our place that me might gain ETERNAL LIFE,tru believing on the Lord Jesus Christ! Trust in Him

Rafael Lawagan

Welcome back to the fold. You are always welcomed back into God’s arms.

Aleka Leausa Jr.

Seek Jesus. To reach The Father you must believe on The Son.

Micki Shilvock

Just keep going. Don’t let the occasional doubt or others deter you. God will lead you.

Kathy Logue

Every day as it dawns, is a stepping stone to a better knowledge of the Savior as He speaks to us thru the pages of the Holy Bible. Don’t put yourself down. Remember if you miss a step, it’s still a learning process. Just hold the hand of the master and keep on the narrow road.

Tholsee Reddy

You have a good understanding. Maybe find a mentor or study partner and rventually a church

Phil Shaw

Welcome. Grace and Shalom to your home.

Ed Williams