Can a demon possessed be a Christian?

Dear Christian❤
Can a demon possessed be a Christian?

Christians are indwelt by the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19). Surely the Holy Spirit would not allow a demon to possess the same person He is indwelling. It is unthinkable that God would allow one of His children, whom He purchased with the blood of Christ (1 Peter 1:18-19) and made into a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17), to be possessed and controlled by a demon. Yes, as believers, we wage war with Satan and his demons, but not from within ourselves. The apostle John declares, “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). Who is the One in us? The Holy Spirit. Who is the one in the world? Satan and his demons. Therefore, the believer has overcome the world of demons, and the case for demon possession of a believer cannot be made scripturaly.

With the strong biblical evidence that a Christian cannot be demon possessed in view, some Bible teachers use the term “demonetization” to refer to a demon having control over a Christian. Some argue that while a Christian cannot be demon possessed, a Christian can be demonized. Typically, the description of demonetization is virtually identical to the description of demon possession. So, the same issue results. Changing the terminology does not change the fact that a demon cannot inhabit or take full control of a Christian. Demonic influence and oppression are realities for Christians, no doubt, but it is simply not biblical to say that a Christian can be possessed by a demon or demonized.

No demon can enter a true christian and you don’t have to be baptized or anything to be completely christian, if a new christian weak of faith strays away from god, then of course a demon could take hold of them because they don’t belong to god anymore, we are all slaves to sin unless we accept that god has bought us through his son and if we have we cant be taken over by a demon-we would be too strong

1 Like

That’s a very good question. You see I’ve been demon possessed before. Before that I believed in God and believed in Jesus Christ and accepted Him as savior. HOWEVER, I was living a very sinful life. When you turn away from God and you indulge in sin or let hate rule in you you can open yourself up to demon possession. I believe if you backslide and open up demonic doors then yes you can let them in and thus be possessed.

The Bible does not explicitly state whether a Christian can be possessed by a demon. However, since a Christian is indwelt by the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19), it would seem extremely unlikely that the Holy Spirit would allow a demon to possess the same person He is indwelling.
“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” Who is the One in us? The Holy Spirit. Who is the one in the world? Satan and his demons.

No, it says in Hebrews 13:5 Never will I leave you, Never will I forsake you. So if the Holy Spirit is in you (if you are a Christian the Holy Spirit is in you) then a demon can not possess you.

1 Like

Matthew 8:

Jesus Restores Two Demon-Possessed Men
28 When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes,[c] two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29 “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

30 Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31 The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”

32 He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water. 33 Those tending the pigs ran off, went into the town and reported all this, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men. 34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw him, they pleaded with him to leave their region.

No, i do not think so. Christians have been belonged to God.

GotQuestions.org is a very reliable site for many questions.

No…

If you are been tormented by demonic spirits/demons and need help .
I recommend Daily Mercy, because I was set free by it .It’s an extensive online deliverance program that can be done from anywhere you have internet connection.
www.ricardowatson.com ,look for Daily Mercy and schedule a call.