Can Christian divorce, if one person commited the aldutery and lives with the 3rd person?

if the husband is not christian and he commited the aldutery and lives with the 3rd person, what should the christian wife to do? Can she divorce with her husband? How about the kids?

1 Like

Any time kids are involved divorce is awful. It’s already awful but kids being drug through the process makes it even worse.

The Bible teaches that the only grounds for divorce is infidelity and being unequally yoked (one a believer and one who doesn’t/will not believe).

““Furthermore it has been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:31-32‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“And Jesus answered and said to them, “Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” In the house His disciples also asked Him again about the same matter. So He said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭10:5-12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭7:12-15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

When discussing what the Bible says about divorce, it is important to keep in mind the words of Malachi 2:16, “I hate divorce, says the Lord God.” Whatever grounds the Bible possibly gives for divorce, that does not mean God desires a divorce to occur in those instances. Rather than asking “is ______ a grounds for divorce,” often the question should be “is _______ grounds for forgiveness, restoration, and/or counseling?”

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Of course, this wife can divorce.
Do not think too much and put all these things on God.
And if someone else blocks you, you can just let this person go.
As for kids, it is really hard.
Whatever you decide, you should not just endure.

1 Like