Can God Help Me Forgive Someone?

Why bother forgiving someone who has hurt you very deeply, when they say it’s all your fault and they don’t need to be forgiven for anything? That’s the situation with my ex-friend and me. I admit I’m still bitter, but I also know I need to move on with my life. Can God help me?

Amen. God will our helper and comforter, He has forgiven all our sins. And He also can help us and give us strength to forgive our enemy.

Have a time to talk with your friend. God bless!!

1 Like

God will help you if you really want to solve this problem and have reconciliation with your friend. We need God’s love.

Sure, God can help you and only he can truly help you. We love become he loved us first, the same thing, we can forgive people who hurt us, which because God has forgiven us first…

Yes, God will us to forgive someone if we really want. The biggest commandment is commandment of love. Forgiveness is very big love. God wants us to be perfect in love. God knows how difficult it is for us to love and forgive. If we want to love, he will help us and give us the power to forgive others.

1 Like

Yes, it’s difficult to remove the hatred but nothing is impossible with God.
For me, when the love of God flowed in my heart, when I realized how God forgave and saved a sinner like me, I don’t hate others any more. Before God, we are all sinners, and without God our heart is in misery. So I even have sympathy on the one who once hurt me.

1. Remember what forgiveness involves. You are not condoning the wrong or acting as if it never happened—you are simply letting it go.

2. Recognize the benefits of forgiving. Letting go of anger and resentment can help you to keep calm, improve your health, and increase your happiness. (Proverbs 14:30; Matthew 5:9) Even more important, forgiving others is a key to receiving God’s forgiveness for your own sins.—Matthew 6:14, 15.

3. Be empathetic. All of us are imperfect. (James 3:2) Just as we appreciate being forgiven, we should likewise forgive the mistakes of others.—Matthew 7:12.

4. Be reasonable. When we have a minor cause for complaint, we can apply the Bible’s counsel: “Continue putting up with one another.”—Colossians 3:13.

5. Act quickly. Work to forgive as soon as you can rather than letting your anger fester.—Ephesians 4:26, 27.

remember what Jesus said on the cross:
Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing

This is not easy. But many people did it with the love from God. I pray for you. May God help you!

Somtimes forgiveness is very difficult, but God helps us to have warm hearts.

Yes. Nothing is impossible in God. Only through God’s grace, we can forgive others.

The answer is yes. God is powerful. And if we ask him, he will answer us. If we really want to forgive, we need pray. God will help us forgive.

Yes, forgiveness is love. God knows how difficult it is for us to forgive others. So he is willing to help us when we ask help for him.

Surely, the power of forgiveness is not from us but from God. We can’t forgive if we are apart from God.

@Nathan top shelf question! Good one!

Here’s the best way I’ve found, only explained on a chalkboard and by a guy who knows how to do that. And it’s only 7 minutes and 14 seconds long. But it sums up the same thing I learned. It came to me one day and it just made EVERYTHING that was ever done to me disappear.

The pithy version (instead of my too-long version) on YouTube is entitled:

“How to genuinely forgive people who keep sinning against you.”
7 minutes 14 seconds

https://youtu.be/gMrl_9wvLZk