Can I lose my salvation?

cross-on-the-hill

I am lately trying to explore the concept or the doctrine of salvation, however you would like to call it.

I have received salvation by faith. But after I received salvation, I still see the past sins of my life in me. So sometimes I get nervous if I have lost the salvation?

Is salvation a feeling/emotion? How do I know that I am saved and continue to live with that joy?

And please help to answer this question. Can I lose my salvation? Yes/No and where does it say so in the bible?

Thank you

I think Jesus Christ took our all sins on the cross. It is a fight to believe or not. Satan sometimes confuses our salvation to make us far from Jesus. We need to order Satan " Get out!"

Once saved, always saved?
The scripture that is most commonly quoted to support this doctrine is John 10:28: “They shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.” On the surface this can seem like it is true that once saved, we are always saved.

Indeed, no one can snatch them out of Jesus’ hand, but they can put themselves outside of Jesus’ hand. In chapter John 15:4 Jesus exhorts His disciples, “Abide in Me, and I in you.” And further in John 15:6 He says, “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”

Salvation is not unconditional
Every promise of salvation in the scripture has a condition. If we fulfil the conditions the promises are ours. For example, we read in Colossians 1:21-23: “And you, who once were alienated and enemies
Most often when a Christian refers to his or her “enemies” they are speaking about the sin in their flesh and the temptations and lusts that arise from there. These are enemies because they tempt us to act contrary to the will of God. These can also be spiritual powers such as the spirit of the times which oppose the… More
in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh
Sin is anything that goes against God’s will and His laws. To commit sin is to transgress or disobey these laws. The lust to sin dwells in human nature. In other words, it is contaminated and motivated by the sinful tendencies that dwell in all people as a result of the fall into sin and disobedience in the garden of Eden. This… More
through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight if indeed you continue in the faith …” Do you see the condition? “If indeed you continue in the faith.” In 1 Timothy 1:19 Paul refers to some, who by rejecting a good conscience, had made a shipwreck of their faith—clearly not once saved, always saved.

No, you will not lose. Once God saves you, it will last forever.

1 Like

If your salvation is the real thing: no, you cannot lose it. Why? Because the real thing comes from God and God is perfect.

If your salvation was walking down an aisle, saying one prayer, making a pledge: these are man’s ideas of salvation, not God’s, then YES you can lose it because you never had it.

You mentioned that you see sin in your life. I know how the weight of past sins can be tremendous. But that is exactly why the Bible says “Repent and believe”. We must truly repent, which means to feel the full weight of our sin and find disgust in our sin. Then to go to God whom we have sinned again in every sin we commit and ask His forgiveness and repent.

If this is happening to you, ask God to help you overcome each sin as it shows up in your life. I have had to pray VERY HARD for some sins to be removed (and God has Graciously answered my prayers) and others only once.

Mostly the majority of sins I used to commit without them even bothering me in the slightest, have become things I can NO LONGER DO. Not because of rules. Or trying to look good in Church. The Holy Spirit in me hates them so much I can’t imagine doing them now.

Knowing that you are sinning is one thing. Knowing that you are sinning and being VERY troubled by it, especially if it leads to fears of losing salvation is more like an alarm for you, a wake up call. God is telling you those things are not acceptable to Him. Repent of them and ask His help to overcome them.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/1%20John%202%3A1

John 10:27-31 New International Version (NIV)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”