Can salvation be lost?

I am often asked this question and somehow it is difficult for me to explain it well. How would you answer this?

That was a bit tricky question Sir @Homer_Habacon…Well, as Romans 10:9-10 said “That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes to righteousness; and with the mouth confessions is made to salvation”. So as long as we believe in our hearts and acknowledge God in our mouths, then we are all saved. :blush::blush::blush:

https://community.crossmap.com/t/can-i-lose-my-salvation/1505/2

This is a very important question and Christians are quite often confused about this. Our Salvation is a gift from God which we are given once we believe. We do not work for our salvation. We don’t earn it but this does not mean it is ours permanently. Our salvation is contingent on us continuing to believe. In 1Cor 15: 2, Paul mentions that there is a need to hold on and continue to belive the word. He also admonishes us in Phillipians 2:12-13 to continue to work out or Salvation. This means we have to continue in the process and not relax with the idea that we’ve been saved and thats all. Our salvation is easily gained but we need to keep believeing and growing to hold on to it, lest we “believe in vain” as Paul put it

In the parable of the sower, out of the three soils that received the seed, only one soil bear fruit. The two others who accepted the seed or the word of God have fallen.
Countless warning by several apostles about falling from grace also means that there is a danger that a Christian can lose his/her salvation. Let me have apostle Peter explain this further.

2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.
2Pe 2:21 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them.
2Pe 2:22 What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”