Can we forgive some people who hurt us so much?

Can we forgive some people who hurt us so much?

1 Like

I think it is difficult to forgive others completely with our own patience.But if we obey the guidance of the holy spirit through prayer, then the Lord’s love will inspire us to follow him and forgive those who have hurt us.

yes, Thank you for replying.

yes, it does work for prayer.

Yes, can. But sometimes it takes long time.

The more and more you choose to forgive, the more and more you feel relax. Naturally you become a person easy to forget and forget about the past.

The fastest and cleanest way I have found to forgive others, no matter how badly they have hurt me (and I really mean that) is by remembering: Jesus has forgiven me of ALL my sins, past, present and future.

That usually makes whatever anyone has done to me seem small. And then, it’s actually easy to forgive, even natural. Of course I forgive! I have been forgiven by my Almighty Righteous Lord and Savior!

For anyone thinking “Well, fine for her, but she doesn’t know what I’ve been through” I offer two Scripture passages that help (that does not mean these are the only ones!):

Matthew 6:9-15

"9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.’

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

It’s that last line that really gets to me. “But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”

And the other is a parable:

Matthew 18:21-35
The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

And for the last holdouts:

Luke 7:47 New International Version (NIV)
47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

Definitely. Forgiving someone is like the biggest thing that you can do in this world. However, make sure that they acknowledge your forgiveness and let don’t let anyone take you for granted.

1 Like

Rightly said @rafaelsolano.

Forgiveness is something priceless that can turnover a person’s life. It is same as how the Lord’s forgiveness made great difference in our lives.

By the way. Welcome to Crossmap Community! I hope you have a good time of learning and engaging with the posts here! God bless :slight_smile:

Yes because GOD teaches us to forgive and love one another.

2 Likes

@patri12 i think we can forgive that person. I believe that God is sent us in this world to Love one Another. I know that it is so hard to forgive that person and sometimes we are thinking to fight back because of the things he/she did to us. But the thing is we need to Forgive and Love them back i know that it is not a overnight work but its a process. Heal your heart first and approach that person talk to her/him about that thing she/he did to you so he/she will not do it again to other person.

Hello, dear @patri12
This is my opinion, and of course even I accept its inmensily hard to accomplish it.
See, forgiveness is one of the most important thing in life, because we are social beings, we are constantly interacting with each other, having free will and having so much easy sin making people makes that every person commits acts that can hurt us, but we must forgive (no forget) in order to move on.
Having grudges is not something of God, and the Lord himself is constantly forgiving us, if we try to be a little like him, then we should at least do what we can do.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

@patri12 Yes, we can forgive people who has hurt us so much but it takes time. It’s not an overnight process. We need to be healed first completely. God has given us a heart that is capable to do so. We have to let Him work in us. After all, we are made in His image and likeness. Our true character is emphasized through Him who is the source our love and healing.

Somehow, this reminds me of someone I used to love before. So, this is something personal for me. What I am going to say has something to do with my past relationship. Some people doesn’t deserve forgiveness. But forgiveness for me is a way of letting go. Even if it hurts, even if its the last thing you ever want to do. But we have to do it for ourselves and not for them. It’s the least we could for them, to the people who became part of our lives and left. Forgive others and forgive yourself for what you had to do in order to let go and move on.

And just be thankful for all the memories we have shared with them. For becoming part of our lives and teach us lessons we could never forget. We need to remember that maybe, what we have always wanted is not good for us and we need to believe that God is the best planner. He knows what is best for us.

Hi @patri12 I hope you’re having a nice day today!
I believe that we can always forgive people who hurt us so much but it really takes time. It takes a lot of courage to forgive someone so take that chance and let yourself move on from the pain. That pain is like a wound that needs to be healed. To heal yourself, you need to find peace.
Ephesians 4:31-32 “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”