Can we strip sin and never repeat once again?

Can we strip sin and never repeat once again?

Yes, we have the capability because the man Jesus has done that by having communion with
the Father.

We keep going to confession and repeating the same sins. Everyone does. But each time we confess with the proper disposition, we gain grace. Our consciences are better formed. We experience some of the responsibility and pain from having sinned. We eventually grow in the ability to avoid sins - even if these are small and temporary victories, they give us hope and eventually momentum. Keep trying. Never give up hope. Never despair. Use repeated failures as an opportunity to grow in humility. With that grace we’re eventually better equipped to overcome the habitual sins.

let us lay aside every weight;
or burden; every sin, which is a weight and burden to a sensible sinner, and is an hinderance in running the Christian race; not only indwelling sin, but every actual transgression, and therefore to be laid aside; as a burden, it should be laid on Christ; as a sin, it should be abstained from, and put off, with respect to the former conversation: also worldly cares, riches, and honours, when immoderately pursued, are a weight depressing the mind to the earth, and a great hinderance in the work and service of God, and therefore to be laid aside; not that they are to be entirely rejected, and not cared for and used, but the heart should not be set upon them, or be over anxious about them: likewise the rites and ceremonies of Moses’s law were a weight and burden, a yoke of bondage, and an intolerable one, and with which many believing Jews were entangled and pressed, and which were a great hinderance in the performance of evangelical worship; wherefore the exhortation to these Hebrews, to lay them aside, was very proper and pertinent, since they were useless and incommodious, and there had been a disannulling of them by Christ, because of their weakness and unprofitableness. Some observe, that the word here used signifies a tumour or swelling; and so may design the tumour of pride and vain glory, in outward privileges, and in a man’s own righteousness, to which the Hebrews were much inclined; and which appears in an unwillingness to stoop to the cross, and bear afflictions for the sake of the Gospel; all which is a great enemy to powerful godliness, and therefore should be brought down, and laid aside. The Arabic version renders it, “every weight of luxury”: all luxurious living, being prejudicial to real religion:

and the sin which doth so easily beset us;
the Arabic version renders it, “easy to be committed”; meaning either the corruption of nature in general, which is always present, and puts upon doing evil, and hinders all the good it can; or rather some particular sin, as what is commonly called a man’s constitution sin, or what he is most inclined to, and is most easily drawn into the commission of; or it may be the sin of unbelief is intended, that being opposite to the grace of faith, the apostle had been commending, in the preceding chapter, and he here exhorts to; and is a sin which easily insinuates itself, and prevails, and that sometimes under the notion of a virtue, as if it would be immodest, or presumptuous to believe; the arguments for it are apt to be readily and quickly embraced; but as every weight, so every sin may be designed: some reference may be had to ( Lamentations 1:14 ) where the church says, that her transgressions were “wreathed”, (wgrtvy) , “wreathed themselves”, or wrapped themselves about her. The allusion seems to be to runners in a race, who throw off everything that encumbers, drop whatsoever is ponderous and weighty, run in light garments, and lay aside long ones, which entangle and hinder in running, as appears from the next clause, or inference.

Ephesians 4:13 says that the spiritual gifts are given to build up the body of Christ “until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” Some translations say that we will become “perfect” (instead of “mature”), and from this some people have mistakenly thought that we can reach sinless perfection in this life. The Bible teaches that, while we are in the flesh, we will always struggle with a sin nature (see Romans 7:14–24). No one will be “perfect” (sinless) until we reach heaven.
As human beings we are bound under Adam’s nature in this world. No matter how hard we try not to, we will still sin against God. This holds true for everyone. The apostle Paul rebuked Peter for showing favoritism (Galatians 2:11–13). Late in his ministry, Paul calls himself the chief of sinners (1 Timothy 1:15). Peter, James, John, and Paul all admitted that they were imperfect. How could you or I claim anything different?

True perfection will not come until the rapture of the church, when we rise to meet Jesus in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At that time the dead in Christ will be resurrected, and the bodies of the living will be changed (Philippians 3:20, 21; 1 Corinthians 15:54). We will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10) where our works will be judged and rewards will be given (1 Corinthians 3:9–15). Our redemption will be complete, and our sin will be gone forever. We will live and reign with Christ in sinless perfection forever.

2 Likes

thank you for your sharing. it is very useful

We are in the process of sanctification. We should not live by ourselves but by God’s grace. If we unite with the Holy Spirit and rely on Him, we will become more and more perfect.

I think its a “No” . And you will always have a choice to repeat that many times. Because Lord God Gave us a will to choose. So its up to us whether we choose to live with that sins or to repent and changes. Human nature is committing a sin and we are saving that sin by making another sin. I’ve been there once in a while and its the feeling is so sad. Lord Please help us repent on our Sins.

Hello, dear @patri12
As much as I would like to say yes, I think right now no would be more appropriate. We as humans have changed a lot during all our time, but a constant was the sin. Maybe because of lack of faith, maturity, or acts of the devil. But sin is still a part of our lives in every way possible. To stop doing it, requires a very strong and powerful faith, resolve, intelligence and love! I think we could, but not right now. As Jesus said, with even a little of faith we could move mountains.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

I can say we can but I believe that every human error is that we sin first before we learn. It is possible to not sin again but it is really up to that person. We need to have a strong faith and a powerful mindset. Anyone can change for the better if they choose to.

I think it depends on the person, God gave us free will so it is up to us. If our faith is that strong, maybe we can. But a part of that journey is also failing a lot of times. But, nothing is impossible if we ask the Lord for help.