Changing Culture - Is truth relative?

The poll found that 24 percent of teens (ages 13-18) strongly believe that “what is morally right and wrong changes over time based on society.

One of the biggest questions of all times is - Is there something called as absolute truth that is applicable to all times irrespective of changing culture and trends?

Today based on the survey above by the barna group, only less number of teens believe that there is absolute moral values. Values change as societies change and evolve.

Some questions to ponder -

1. Does societies define morals?
  2. Is truth really relative - If many claim that truth is relative - then there is something for sure not stable through the times - what is it that changes - and what is it that doesn’t change?
  3. Values give birth to society or societies give birth to values?

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Polls are all about finding approval from men.

John 12:42 New International Version (NIV)
42 Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue;

If you consider yourself Saved, if you call Christ your Savior, then you should already know there is absolute truth. He who said “I am The Way, The Truth and the Life, no man can come to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6) then you know that He alone is Absolute Truth.

However, if you consider yourself Saved and call Christ your Savior yet believe that man determines truth, I would encourage you to go back and read your Bible again. Do not let the world’s polls (even if done by so-called Christians) sway you any more than you would defy God to side with sinful man!

If you are reading this and think I have become too harsh, consider calling yourself something other than a Christian, or at least examine yourself to see if you really are in the faith according to scripture in 2 Corinthians 13:5

Many of us, and I do mean multitudes, are misled, led astray and sometimes outright lied to by those who claim they are “christian leaders”. Is it not far more important in terms of heaven (eternal glory) versus hell (eternal damnation) for each of us to gain the approval of God rather than man?

Our American culture is all about winning the approval of man. Turn from the world and toward Christ.

God is the only Just and Holy One even capable of defining morals. Man (meaning all human beings, even me and you) are born in sin, wicked and depraved, we start out as rebels against God. So to listen to what we, as sinners, “think” rather than what God thinks is to put man above God. No one will escape judgment who does this regularly. One can repent and turn from these ways as God is abundant in Mercy and He is powerful enough to help us survive as strangers in this world, as true Biblical Christians.

The absolute truth is Jesus Christ. No one else but Jesus.

1 Like