China shut down 48 churches after lifting lockdown

After easing the COVID-19 lockdown, the communist government of China has intensified its crackdown on state-controlled churches, removing crosses from their rooftops and closing them down in the southeastern province of Jiangxi, according to a report.

In Yugan county, authorities shut down at least 48 Three-Self churches and meeting venues between April 18 and 30, according to Bitter Winter, an Italy-based online magazine on religious liberty and human rights in China, published by the Center for Studies on New Religions.

1 Like

I have friends who have penetrated China in the past and distributed Bibles to people. I have friends who have friends that are faithful and fearless Christians in that country. Prayers to all of them! God be with them, protect them, and bless them for their faithfulness amidst the persecution.

1 Like

I don’t think crashing churches is necessary. But I’ll just pray for everyone to be safe. Be clean and be alert. Don’t stay outside, we should obey the government this time of crisis this is for all of us anyway.

Hello, dear @Jimmy_Ka
This sounds awful… I must admit I’m not particularly clear with the religious background of China, but closing them is just another showing of how flawed and wrong is the China government doings for their people… I don’t understand why would they do this? To reduce gathering? Or to make more control of their population?
I pray to God for those people…
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

Hi @Jimmy_Ka I hope you are doing well today! Thank you for sharing this news.
I also do not understand the real situation China is going through right now but I believe that there are people there who are also Christians. Let us all pray for them and for their country.

That was a shocking moment. China is controlling everything now. They have known for this.
Prayers up for them i know that our Lord God has a plan. We need to believe in Him.
It is sad that because church is one of our comfort zone in this time of pandemic.
We need to pray because china is doing their best to get what they want.

@Jimmy_Ka… I thought this issue is already over, but I guess it became worst…no matter how many crosses they will remove, no matter how many attempts of shut down they will do: no one can stop anyone from their faith to God to flourish…it is already encrypted to each and everyone’s heart on how they believe and trust God…I hope respect will reign in others hearts…