Christians must marry the opposite sex of Christian?

I am 28 years old, Christian, my parents don’t believe God. They ask me to meet some girls who are not Christians. But our pastor said, we must marry to Christians. What should I do?

You should marry Christian. The Bible says, "2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? "

I don’t think it’s wrong for Christians to marry non-Christians. I got married to one myself. Sara and I have been married for 13 years and have two girls.

Since I was a teenager I’d felt called towards ordination. Although Sara wasn’t a practising Christian, she was very supportive of my vocation and all it would entail. I didn’t view his lack of faith as a problem, I simply felt grateful to God for my calling and for Sara’s support. She was very happy to have our children baptised and for faith to be part of their life.

1 Like

Sure, according to the Bible, we know that Christian’s marriage is very important, if Christian marry non-Christian, then it is very danger to her or his faith, cause they have no same faith and different world outlook, actually that is difficult for their marriage.

I am astonished that Christians are such intolerance, even though in the Middle Age, the law in Catholicism still allowed the marriage between Christians and gentiles.

If you can evangelize your spouse, that is great, but it is bloody difficult to someone ro evangelize that someone’s spouse, and live together with different religion.

In my opinion, it is good for you to marry a Christian. When they saw Israel, they were thoroughly married only among the Jews. But later on, as the Jews married other Gentiles, their faith collapsed. They eventually fell into idolatry and left God. That is why I recommend you marry a Christian. It is the best way to achieve a family of faith.

Christians must marry the opposite sex of Christian.
【Gen. 2:24】
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
【2Cor.6:14】
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

You are free and you can marry anyone you want.

But the problem is how you keep your faith