Christians who smokes will go to heaven?

Do you believe Christians that smoke cigarettes will go to heaven?

1 Like

1 Corinthians 3:17
God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.

First off forget heaven. Why smoke in the first place. It provides no beneficial affect. The short term rush you get from smoking early on quickly transitions to a lower than average normal level. Much like people addicted to caffeine the rush you feel from cigarettes is just bringing you up to the levels you where at before you started smoking. When you aren’t smoking you are in a depressed state induced by changes in your brain chemistry.

Then there is all the other negative side affects of smoking. From damaging your teeth to various types of cancers. So how about quitting smoking for the 1 life you know you have rather than some make believe after life that we have no real proof of.

Sure, if he/her received Jesus as the Savior and the Lord of his/her life, However, God want us to be wise and use our body well for worthy things. :grin:

Yes, I thinks so. But it is not good for your health and spirit. Do you plan to stop smoking? Or you want to but you felt difficult ?

Christians are the temple of God, and Holy Spirit dwell in them. I do not think God hate the ones who smoke but I do believe God hate smoking. So let’s pray through the strength of Christ Christians could quit smoking.

I love this question! It seems that, according to American culture (not Christians), smoking tobacco cigarettes is the only real “sin” left.

People feel free to tell folks who smoke TOBACCO how they ought to quit, sometimes claiming it’s not “Christian” or that the Holy Spirit doesn’t like it. I don’t see anything in the Bible about smoking.

However, I do see how Christ said all foods are clean! I suppose sooner or later, drinking Coke or Pepsi will be considered by our culture as a sin and then people will argue over whether Jesus meant that ONLY food is clean or drink is clean too!

Is this person a true Christian? And why he or she smoke cigarettes? If we can know this, maybe it is better to guess if he or she can go to heaven.