Congressman cries asking God to forgive the U.S. its Sins

In his prayer, Rep. Weber said, “Father, you say in your Word, the man who meditates on your Word is like a mighty oak tree. Blessed is he if he meditates on it daily. But Lord, we have endeavored to try to kick your word out of public schools. Father, we have endeavored to take the Bible out of classrooms, the Ten Commandments off the walls. Oh Lord, forgive us.”

“Father, we think we’re so smart,” said Weber. “We’ve replaced your Word and your precepts with drug-sniffing dogs, with metal detectors, with uniformed police officers in our schools. Oh Lord, forgive us.”

Weber continued, "Father, we have trampled on Your holy institution of holy matrimony and tried to rewrite what it is, and we’ve called it an alternate lifestyle. Father, oh Father, please forgive us.”

“Lord, we have gone to killing the most innocent amongst us," said Weber. “Your servant Moses warned in Deuteronomy 30:19 for us to choose life, so that we and all our descendants might live. Father, we’re killing our descendants and we’re calling it a choice. Oh, God in Heaven, forgive us, please.”

“Lord, we’ve even disregarded the wisdom of Solomon. Lord, the wisdom of the Proverbs where you say the borrower will be the slave to the lender – $20 trillion in debt, nations have to be laughing at us," said Weber. “Father, Abraham Lincoln said that we have forgotten to pray to the one that made us. Lord, forgive our sins.”

“Father, help us, helps us to get back on your precepts, on your path, to a true understanding of blessed is the nation whose God is Lord,” said the congressman. “Lord, let that please be us. Don’t remove your hand of protection from us, Father. Lord, forgive us our manifold sins. In your great mercy bring us back to you. Father, I beg of you. I plead with you. In Jesus’ Holy Name, Amen.”

Randy Weber, who entered Congress in 2013, won the seat vacated by Rep. Ron Paul. Prior to 2013, Weber served in the Texas House of Representatives (2009-2013). He is the founder of Weber’s Air & Heat Air-Conditioning Company. Weber is married and has three children and four grandchildren. He is a Baptist.
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rep-weber-us-capitol-father-we-have-trampled-holy-matrimony-and-called-it

1 Like

That was quite touching. I almost shed a couple of tears myself while listening to his prayer. May God have mercy on us!

ME TOO

O Holy Spirit, please come like a dove
Shield and protect now the one that I love.
Cover their wounds with Your grace feathered wings,
Shield them from sorrow, breathe hope songs within.

Tend with Your goodness the pain that they bear
Heal now their sickness with miracle care.
Carry them high far above till they see
Your rainbow of promise, real hope lies ahead.

I love them so dearly, so help me to be
All that you, would give out through me.

This really moved me! We should really ask for forgiveness to the Lord. I love how Randy Weber really included all of the United States in asking for forgiveness. He did not think of just himself, but all of United States. :yellow_heart: