Coronavirus hurting mental health of Americans but religious support may help, studies show

While some of Americans say they can endure social distancing directives that have shut down schools and businesses across the country for “as long as is necessary” before their physical health or finances are significantly impacted, less than 50% say their mental health will hold up.

Social distancing practices aimed at stemming the spread of the new coronavirus are already impacting the mental health of 15% of Americans while another 37% say they can only endure for a few more weeks or months before their mental health begins to suffer, according to a recent Gallup poll.

Hello, dear @Jimmy_Ka,
In these times of crisis it’s such a difficult task to deduct how thing will progress. I have seen people in panic because of the economics crisis a social distance, but nobody is talking about the mental health.
We are social beings after all, well the best way is to rely on the one that’s always there for us. God will always be there for us, we must not forget it.
Having a true relationship with him is the only way to be truly happy.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

We cannot deal with all of this without the help of the Lord God. Let us praise Him, ask for forgiveness, and give Him our trust. The Lord God is greater than all of this! We really really need Him! God bless us all!

Everyone is affected mentally by this virus actually. Religious might help through virtual mass only. As long as we can hear the word of God i think that is enough. Going to church and do the social distancing might also help but not safe to all of us.

Psalm 46:10 New Living Translation (NLT)
10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world.”

This is what we should be holding on to during this time of crisis. Yes there will be a lot of bad ideas or scenarios that will be playing in our heads while in quarantine. Especially when we picture and recall our lives prior the pandemic, it would be very depressing, thinking about how fun it is to be with your friends but there’s nothing you can do to see them. All of this things would add up to affecting our mental health. But when we seek for genuine calmness and genuine tranquility, this will never bother us. God assured us that He is in control and we should be still and rest in the palm of His hands.