Could I Join a Church that I Can Just Watch it on TV?

I’m admittedly a fairly independent person, and I just can’t see myself joining a church. I want to be free to run my own life and set my own schedule. And anyway, if I want to, I can always watch a church service on television. Is it OK?

2 Likes

I think the issue you face isn’t just church; the issue you face is Jesus Christ, and what place He should have in your life.

1 Like

Christianity is not about religion, it’s about relationship. The relationship with Jesus Christ, with brothers and sisters, and with all the creations that created by God. So just watch a church service on TV is not enough. It’s better to attend the Sunday service onsite and have fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ.
As Acts 2:42 says: They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

3 Likes

I think it is better to go to church and worship rather than attend the TV. It will be a great favor to you even more. When we gather together and worship, the grace and blessings of God will be greater.

1 Like

Agree your opinion. If we don’t go to church worship God and offer our service to God in a separate time, our faith will be going die. In our Christian life, the most important thing is to learn to fear God. If we choose the way to worship God just decide by our situation, we can’t have a humble heart in front of God, we can’t experience the holy life and holy faith in God. So, I think we separate our time, separate the place offer to God is a good way to worship God.

While I do believe there is benefit in fellowship; I do not belong to a church or attend regularly. I fell most churches are serving man and not God and preaching water down versions of His gospel. God said not to be conformed to this world and yet all churches are involved in the exploitation of the traditions of man. I.E. Christmas, Easter with bunnies and Easter eggs, birthdays. None of this is scriptural based and falls into the “ego” realm. When you participate in pagan holidays you open the door for Satan to come in. When you watch church tv you have the option of turning the channel off and seeking truth eleswhere. The deceivers are in the pulpit all too often. To many in the church are there to socialize and put on their Sunday best without their hearts turned to Christ as their savior.

2 Likes

God’s word tell us that,

“not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I just feel that you can’t get them same thing out of church on tv as you can being present and interacting with other believers.

I mean you can jump out of a plane without a parachute but it sure is helpful to have one. The same thing with church, it sure is hard to grow as a Christian if you aren’t interacting and growing with other believers.

I don’t think so. For we are created for God. Separate our time to be holy to God. Church is the home to God on the earth. The more you know God how he loves you and the more you will love Him and the more you will devote yourself to Him. Finally you will give your entire life to Him.

It think this is one of a great topic so i will just revive this one. I hope you will also reply on this.

I think No because church is home for me and God’s Creation. I feel the presence of God when im in his home. I love worshiping the Lord Inside His house.
There are big difference in live action Versus Watching on TV in my own opinion Watching on TV have a lots of distraction because you are in your Home while in a church you are focusing on Gods Word.

1 Like

Yes I agree with you @arrol, Church is not just a place for you to sit down and listen to the word of God. The church is His home and it is a very sacred place. If we respect the Lord God, we must also pay respect to the church. But given the pandemic, watching on the television would be helpful, but since this is a post I guess from 2018, I would say to go to church would be the best way.

I admire your independence @riverside, just remember that our Almighty Father is after our heart. The sincerity of how much we love and adore Him, and genuinely believing that Jesus Christ is the only way the truth and the life. The only reason why God wants us to be with a group or a congregation is, for us to be strengthen during those times that we are down. We have somebody we can ask to pray for us and vice versa. But now because of technology we can do all these online, just like being part of this online community “Faith Pixel”. So just be who you are and be with God how ever you want it to happen, our God is omnipresent, He is everywhere not just in church.

We are in #𝑹𝑬𝑽𝑰𝑽𝑨𝑳! here now, Look at the 𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒉 𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚 manifesting among us. This is impossible with camera lighting or even editing. God is manifesting His Presence in His Glorious Light! Come and see what God is doing on #𝑴𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒆𝑴𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 in Revival River! We have been experiencing miracles, signs and wonders !!! find Revival River in Va. on facebook. We are having Revival Meetings Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays

Find us on youtube Dr. Ricardo Watson

…He was transfigured before them.
His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, like snow, such as no launderer on earth can whiten them. Mark 9:2-3. / and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. Matt 17:2 / As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe became white and glistening.
Luke 9:29

Is it right though to join a church service, where the pastor is female and they agree with LGBTQ+, gay marriage etc?

Yes, we are Revival River . Join us live daily at 9 am for teaching, prayer and deliverance