COVID-19 survivor to Andy Stanley: ‘It’s not a conspiracy theory,' 'put a mask on'

COVID-19 survivor to Andy Stanley: ‘It’s not a conspiracy theory,’ ‘put a mask on’

A friend of megachurch pastor Andy Stanley who recently recovered from COVID-19 has stressed the importance of taking it seriously, telling the preacher “it’s not a conspiracy theory.”

Stanley talked with Stuart Hall and his wife, Kellee, in a video posted to YouTube on Monday, in which Stuart discussed his experiences battling the coronavirus.

During the initial outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, churchgoers and church leaders were among the many that tested positive for the disease.

In late March, Hillsong NYC Pastor Carl Lentz tested positive, telling Judah Smith, pastor of Churchome, in an Instagram Live video that it was far worse than the ordinary flu.

“Let me tell you something. It is definitely real … the symptoms are so real. It’s kind of like a flu times 50 … still don’t feel like myself … I look forward to getting my energy back,” said Lentz at the time.

“My breath is a lot shorter. Fatigue is a lot quicker. My advice to people is, try to take this as seriously as you can.”