Creation or Evolution?

The question of the human being’s origin is in discussion down the ages time after time. The question of creation or evolution decides man’s meaning for existence in this world. Thinking about this logically it is hard to imagine the whole world was created in 6 days. How do you understand this?

The theory of evolution is sometimes spoken of as if it could be a substitute for the doctrine of creation. But this is clearly a mistake. Evolution presupposes something that evolves, and this must be in the last resort either eternal or created, so that the evolutionist must choose
between the theory that matter is eternal and the doctrine of creation. Some seek to escape the difficulty by adopting what they call theistic or creative evolution. But this is really a
contradiction in terms. It is neither the Biblical doctrine of creation, nor a consistent theory of evolution.

In the strictest sense of the word “to create” means to bring forth something out of nothing or without the use of pre-existent materials. The expression “to create or bring forth out of
nothing” is not found in Scripture, but only in one of the apocryphal books, namely, II Macc.
7:28. Some have interpreted it to mean that the world came into existence without a cause.
But this interpretation is wide of the mark. The expression simply means that in the work of creation God did not make use of pre-existent materials. The world could not come into existence without a cause. God Himself or, more specifically, the will of God, should be regarded as its cause. Scriptural warrant for the doctrine that God created the world without the use of pre-existent materials is found in such passages as Ps. 33:9; 148:5, and Heb. 11:3, which is the strongest Scriptural expression. The statement found in Rom. 4:17 does not speak of the work of creation, but may yet be brought to bear on the subject under consideration. It should be borne in mind, however, that the expression, “to create” does not always mean to bring forth something out of nothing. It may also mean to bring forth something out of some pre-existent material which is by its very nature unfit. God created the body of Adam out of the dust of the ground, and the body of Eve out of a rib of Adam.

The word “creation” is not always used in the same sense, and as a result the definitions of
creation vary. It may be defined as that act of God by which He produces the world and all
that is in it, partly without the use of pre-existent materials, and partly out of material that is
by its very nature inadequate, for the manifestation of His glory. Though it is often ascribed
to the Father, it is also clearly represented as a work of the triune God, Gen. 1:2; Job 26:13;
33:4; Ps. 33:6; 104:30; Isa. 40:12, 13; John 1:3; I Cor. 8:6; Col. 1:15-17. Moreover, it was a
free act of God and not a necessary act. He is the self-sufficient One, and therefore did not
need the world. His production of the universe was not dependent on an inherent necessity in the divine being, but only on a perfectly voluntary decision of His sovereign will. This must
be maintained over against all sorts of pantheistic theories. The Bible clearly teaches that God created all things, according to the counsel of His will, Eph. 1:11; Rev. 4:11. By His creative work He gave the world a separate existence, distinct from His own being, so that the universe cannot be regarded as itself God or even a part of God. At the same time He constituted the world so that it is always dependent on Him and must be upheld from day to day by His almighty power. He is never distant from, but ever present in His entire creation, Ps. 139:7-10; Jer. 23:24.
——LouisBerkhof_ManualofChristianDoctrine

i think God create us, human cannot come from monkey.

If you believe in God, you believe in His Word, the Bible.

The Bible states clearly in Genesis 1 that He, GOD Almighty, made the heavens and the earth in 6 days. Why it should even be difficult to believe that the Creator of the Universe is powerful enough to create it all in 6 days (He could have created it in 6 seconds!) is beyond me, as a Bible believing Christian.

Evolution is nothing but a flimsy “theory” that requires blind faith in nothing creating everything. That concept is not even scientific! Evolutionists claim all is an “accident” not the obvious intelligent design we see in all things man has not made around us. They make God out to be a liar!

Don’t buy evolution. It is a lie. If we as Christians believe “evolution” we make God out to be a liar. Don’t be duped (fooled) by these atheistic so-called “scientists” who will say anything to disprove God. But since we have all been raised and taught this lie of “evolution” it’s nice to know there is help available to undo this very evil teaching.

If you need some help with this, start here:

https://youtu.be/fL-EeTVcAnk

2 Likes

Thank you @Sunami_Carpenter for this response. It was quite difficult for me to get my head around this issue. Because rationally thinking, anything and everything needs time to grow. For instance a tree cannot exist out of nowhere. It has to be a plant to be a tree. I dont think a plant can become a tree in 6 days. I could be wrong. But just wondering :thinking:

2 Likes

Found an interesting read here

Thank you for your sharing.

READ your Bible! (laughing as it seems so hard to get people to simply read the Bible!)
Genesis 2! This is the second chapter of the Bible.

Genesis 2:5-6
5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground.

I wish Christians would understand that the Bible explains itself!