Day 11 of 14. Self Quarantine

Last March 27, one of the catholic organizations in Manila conducted an online worship and prayer for those who are affected by COVID-19. I am a nurse at a well-known hospital in Manila. I’m on self quarantine since March 20 due to colds. As I was listening to the worship service, one of the songs they sang got into me as I started crying while praying with them. I realized that I am scared, I’m not yet ready to die and leave my loved ones behind. But as I submerged into God’s words, I began to understand that this is not my fight, but its God’s. He is the pilot of our lives. We are here on this earth ‘for just a moment’, to carry out His mission. I hope that we will all be open to the messages of God through this trying time because of Covid. Let us also take this time to make the most of it and embrace our loved ones as we battle through this. Let us also take this time to make the most out of it and embrace our loved ones as we battle through this. And remember that:

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, 11-14.

What are your realizations during this pandemic? Let us pause, close our eyes and pray that God may reveal the actual state of our hearts, as he warms us with His message of love and comfort.

2 Likes

Amen to this! Kudos to you, @kbadum! We are beyond grateful for your service despite this deadly virus. You guys ar our modern heroes. As a Filipino, I am so proud and blessed to have healthcare workers like you! You put God with you as you work and strive hard! God bless you! And please keep safe!! :blush: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hello there @kbadum and welcome to our community…I hope you will enjoy spending time with us here. First of all, in behalf of the community we want to say THANK YOU for being a frontliner, and for sacrificing yourself for all our fellow Filipinos out there. Due to this pandemic, we have a lot of realizations; and it includes how deep our personal relationship with God is. We realized that we need to save a penny for a “rainy day” as always to be able to surpass this crisis. And lastly, we realized that lofe is too short, so we have to spend it wisely with our loved ones. Take care @kbadum…May you finish your quarantine healthy!..keep safe!:blush:

1 Like

Welcome to the community @kbadum
thanks for sharing this life story… i salute you for being a great person… you surrender everything to him… i honor for that nowadays people are scared and also me to surrender everything to him… but i put my 100 percent trust on him and his plan to us…

god bless you…

Hello @kbadum, how are you doing now? Keep safe and thank you for your service.

Yes, there is a time for everything. What time is it for now? To mourn, to uproot, to die? Nope. It’s time to strengthen our faith, to have hope, to fall on our knees, to be with family, to heal, to focus on what really matter in life, and to be a hero just like you. I am a hero, too, but I do it by simply staying at home :slight_smile:

Hello, dear @kbadumi
On the next week I will have 2 months of quarantine, I am scared too, and sincerely sick of being on the house all day haha. But as you did, I had my own conversation with God and got his message. I understand, exactly as you say, that there’s time for everything. There’s a time for life and there’s a time for death. I really don’t think this will be our death, as God has us in a much greater plan, but I believe he wants us to wait a second and talk to him, to have patience, to evaluate and think about our lives and what we do and we’ll do in the future. We’ll win this fight, what we’ll do after it? That’s the thing we must ask ourselves!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero