Diversity of Christian faiths

Why are there so many Christian churches and denominations? Why do they teach different things when they are feeding from the same source, the Bible? How can churches ever be united?

Hello, dear @eestioko
I’m no expert in the matter, in my country the catholic church is basically the norm, but there are some branches here and there.
So without going too deep in the matter, it’s hard for people to come to an agreement in almost everything, think about it, for example when you want to go eat out. It’s hard for you with your couple or group of friends to have the same idea every time, right?
I don’t know the big differences in detail, but I do know that even with that the churches are united in the teachings of Jesus, and adoration of our Father, so, even with differences, a big part of the world is united by the love and religion that are the basics of our lives. And that I think is the most important thing.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

Today Christianity has three major streams, each possessing its own internal pluralism — the Catholic Communion, the Orthodox Christian Churches, and Protestant movements. Some would now argue that Anglicanism, which followed the course of the British Empire, and the Pentecostalism sweeping the globe constitute other major streams of the Christian tradition. But these broad categories hardly do justice to the hundreds of particular churches and denominations that have come into being through the centuries and that continue to be born today. In the early twenty-first century, Christianity has more adherents than any other religious tradition on earth. One third of all humans call themselves Christians. The Christian scriptures have been translated into a multitude of languages in cultures throughout the world. The great diversity of Christianity is one of its most striking characteristics.