Do we choose God or He is the one who choose us?

b202844857

Has God chosen just a select few to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven or do we all have the chance to get there by accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior?

1 Like

I don’t think we can ever make the first move ahead of God. He is too great and too loving that we could have an upper hand on something. 1 John 4:19, KJV said: “We love him, because he first loved us.” He made the first move.

Apostle Paul became an important disciple, but not before God met him on the road. David was “a man after God’s own heart”, but not before God ordered Samuel to anoint him, Moses was a great leader of Israel, but not before Moses revealed himself as burning bush. And so on…

Hello, dear @faithpixel
I think God has a path choosen for us, he has a plan or a duty for us to do on this life on Earth, and of course with it comes the possibility to go to the Heaves to be with him on next life. Now, as he gave us free will, he wants us to find that path by ourselves, with a few here and there acts done directly by him, but with our choices as basics for our own journey. This is why, Heavens will not be for everyone, as some never get to the road that’s the one where they should be, or they don’t ever try to find it. God loves us and will always act for our well being, but he will not control us to it.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

We are all chosen by God, because all of us are made in His own image and likeness. Its just that we have our own role or responsibilities as His children. Our purpose is different from one another, if we think that the characters we read in the bible are special then it might not be the case. It just happened that God gave them bigger roles to play, but all of us are important that He sacrificed His own life for all of us. To go back to the point, being chosen is for everyone, what matters is how we respond to God’s call. Remember His call to salvation is for all, after choosing the right path it will be our decision to stay or to stray away. The choice is ours to make.

“Many are called but few are chosen.” Matthew 22:14 It is not an accident that we are here. Our lives are already planned even before we were born. Just like Judas, Paul and the others, God knows what sins we will be making but still He offers us grace to turn away from them and answer His call to repentance so that we will also enjoy the life in eternity.

Betty Padilla,

I think God love us first before we love him. We are considering many things right now,We are busy doing things and forget our Creator. But even this is happening, still he loves us wherever we are or what we are doing. He is guiding us and molding us to be a better disciples. He still waiting for us to hold his hand. God bless us all bros. and sisters.

As John 15:16, says “You did not choose Me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask of the Father in My name, He may give to you.”

Therefore, I/you did not choose God first. God chose I/you and having chosen you, you will choose Him. You were not chosen because you came; you came because you were chosen.

God choose us first before we are born in this world he is the only knows our future and His plan for us is perfect we must trust Him with all our hearts and all our soul because His plan for us is to prosper and have a good life.

Do we choose God or does he choose us? There is a sense in which both are true because God chooses us for salvation and then enables us to choose Him.
Ephesians 1:4-5, “just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.”
But, on the other hand, we do freely choose God because not only does God choose us, but he enables us to choose him granting to us what we need.

1 Like

I agree with you, @Jean. He gave us free will to choose Him, too.

Hi @MakkaPakka. I definitely believe also on that Verse ‘’ John 15:16’', we are all chosen by God and He appointed us to bear fruit in this world. However thinking about the question also- Are we choosing God? Honestly, we chose God as Saviour but sometimes we fail to chose Him in nice way. It seems we chose God in time that we really need Him the most. :pensive:For this instance, the Love of God is sovereign. I thank God for everything​:heart:,

Hi there @Bhert…there might be instances that other people only choose God when they are in trouble…those people who wanted an abrupt answer for every prayer they wanted. For whatever reason they have in mind, let us not forget that we are nothing if we don’t have God in our hearts.

1 Like