Do you battle fear?

Do you battle fear?

1 Like

"I do, sometimes. There is one BIble verse that helped me a lot with it. Psalm 27:1

“The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?” (NIV)

1 Like

Yes, but I think it is journey to discover God with us faith to overcome the world. :slight_smile:

When it comes to fear, I looooove Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1 Like

Joshua is my hero when it comes to battling fear. He had to step into these big shoes of Moses and lead this people of a million heads and more into the promised land. God did not tell him for no reason to be strong and courageous. “for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” This is encouragement!

yes of course. But faith can help me to win fear

That’s right brother. “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.” Psalm 23 is my favorite when it comes to battling fear.

1 Like

Psalm 118 says “The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere men do to me?” But then sometimes this is exactly the issue to me. There are actually many things I can image that they could do me. …

Of course, i do sometimes.

When my dear siblings face sufferings, i fear. When my parents get sick, i fear. Fear is not a enjoyable feeling, but it is very true to me. However, Jesus gives us the way to lay down our fear, which is to intrust everything in His hands with prayer and thanksgiving. Every time, when I truly put every circumstances in God’s hands with faith, my fear flies away.

As christians, it does not mean that we do not have fear, but means that we have different way to treat with this kind of mood from the people of this world.

Yes, I do when I am weak in faith. I think to fear is not a sin, but only a feeling. As christians, we need to battle this kind of feeling with truth and God’s grace.

When we are with God, the fears within us will disappear. The reason for fear is that we do not know the future. But when we believe and depend on God, we will turn that fear into conviction and joy. Fighting fear in our daily lives is not only a process of fear but also a process of trusting and relying on God.

No. I do not fear. Because I believe that my god is in charge of all the things.

1 Like

Really, no fear in you at all?

Don’t you fear darkness, the evil criminals, death, or other bad things?

You are right, God is in control of everything, but as weak human beings, we do have fear. The only difference from this world is that we battle the fear with God together. We are not alone like the people in this world.

Thanks for your testimony. It is true and touching. We are weak, but we can win our fear when we trust in God.

For me , I do fear. Therefore I can’t leave God. I need pray and wear the full armor by His words. He will empower me.

In old testament, God said he is a soldier,God with us to help us.
When I rely God,I can not fear any more. But if I rely myself I cannot battle, I will lose. So we need more pray to be with God to have big faith, then fear will gone.