Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?

Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? You can state any experiences you have.

2 Likes

Hello, dear @MakkaPakka,
In my opinion, in a way yes, but I see it more as a lesson. Everything happens so you can learn something, now if you consider it that a reason then so be it.
Life is that, giving that we have the gift of knowledge, self awareness and free will, we constantly take choices and with it it comes consecuences, this will give us a lesson at the end of it, the interesting part is that this happens always all the time.
For example, I learned that I had to trust and care more for my brother after rejecting having a real relationship with him, I choose to feel loneliness instead of sharing with my own brother, and with that I learn to love more my brother and my family.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

I can’t say I fully believe that everything happens for a reason, but I know for sure that a certain result always has a cause behind it. Although I pray to God, it’s hard for me to think that the suffering, the negativities, and such, are “God’s will.” I turn to Him to grant me strength to face each day. After all, He has given me intelligence and will, there should be something I can do to navigate my own fate.

True sir @Luis_Ruiz! We might not understand why it is happening, but truly indeed it will leave a lesson for us to learn as always.

Actually there are a lot of examples like: breaking up with someone. You may wonder why the relationship didn’t last, but it will left you a lesson that no matter how you push yourself; if you are not meant to be, you’ll really end up ending the relationship.

Another is work related example. You are aiming for a certain position but you didn’t pass the qualification, you end up wondering why, it is because there might be something much better position awaiting for you.

Therefore, just have patience and ask God to guide you along the way.:wink:

Every individual person is responsible for its own fate because you are the one making your own future. Just never stop ceasing the Lord @Apr. One might not understand why things happen the way we expect it, but in the end something fruitful will gonna happen.

Everything happens for a reason. If you fail once there’s another chance. We may live only once but there are alot of chances to take on. Take that chances and discover what is really the reason of your failure. In the end you’ll see the result that you’re growing and maybe later or sooner not knowing you’d already reach your destination.

High five @zayn22! So we have to live our life to the fullest. If we fail, we just stand up and go back in track again. :wink:

Yes everything happens for a reason.
For Example Back in my school days or college days to be exact. i have a 5 year course but i graduated after 6 years. I asked God on my 5th year why this is happening to me.
He answered me by “Arrol i have a plan for you that plan is learn from your mistake its your fault thats why you are finishing this course for another year.”
Yeah that’s it. God Gives me a Second chance to finish my Course.
Thank you Lord for showing your Mercy on us.

Yes, I believe that we are all characters from a book and the Lord God is the writer. He writes each of our stories well and everything that has happened to us and will happen to us, He thought of all of these things well.

Thumbs up dear @kianna…he already knows the output even before we take the action…our plans might not be granted on time and the way we wanted it to be, but the Lord drafted everything for our own benefit and what is pleasing to his eyes…

True, it is either we learn from it and accept that there are other ways or He grants us our prayers but gives us more than that

When people have to cope with difficult situations in their lives, they sometimes reassure themselves by saying that everything happens for a reason. For some people, thinking this way makes it easier to deal with relationship problems, financial crises, disease, death, and even natural disasters such as earthquakes. It can be distressing to think that bad things happen merely through chance or accident. But they do.

The saying that everything happens for a reason is the modern, New Age version of the old religious saying: “It’s God’s will.” The two sayings have the same problem—the complete lack of evidence that they’re true. Not only is there no good evidence that God exists, we have no way of knowing what it is that he (or she) wanted to happen, other than that it actually did happen.Having this positivity with thought we can able to cope up with our problems.

I am a strong believer that fate exists. That everything happens for a reason. That the people we have in our lives are in our lives without accident. There is always meaning. Explainable or unexplainable. There is no such thing as luck. We are all here for a purpose. All we have to do is believe.

Agreed. Sometimes God delay things for us because He has reasons.

1. He has better plans for us
  2. We are not ready yet for the things we want
  3. He doesn’t want us to get hurt

Sometimes it’s hard to see what He is doing, but also, sometimes unanswered prayers are also answered prayers. Maybe what we want is not good for us. Or maybe what we want is not what we need. Trust the wait. Trust the process. We will get everything meant for us in the right time. For now, trust God and someday, we will receive all the blessings we have prayed for.

1 Like

There are also other people @Bhert that doesn’t believe about “everything happens for a reason” because for them all that is happening is just a mere coincidence…or simply a result of your actions which they call “karma”…but mostly, things happen because it is intended to happen and only God can answer you that…

1 Like

Yes, I believe. When I first entered college, I really had a hard time and I just had passing grades. I failed my Botany class and I really felt bad because I didn’t like the feeling of failing. Now, I persevered and tried my best in every class I took. I eventually got high grades and now a Dean’s Lister. I am so happy! Without God’s grace and hope that I would be better, this wouldn’t have happened. I really thank Him everyday!

I agree @MakkaPakka, those persons who are troublesomes and in soul searching doesn’t believe with that motivation in mind that everything happens for reason. Although they called it ‘Karma’ still it has realization to them which help them to change in their unusual actions. God is really good, just to explain how satan try overkill the power of God. The devil tempted people to do bad things but our God consider that as lesson to everybody to know what he should change.

Yes maam @MakkaPakka I believe that everything happens for a reason. But the term that I am using right now is, everything that happens to God’s children is part of His ultimate plan. Just like what happened to me and my wife, after working overseas for more than 5 years we decided to go home for our children. But that decision didn’t go as planned, all of our plans for business failed. We are currently without assurance of our tomorrow financially. But when this pandemic blew up, it made us realize that God has an even greater purpose why this happened, because we cannot imagine what could have been the situation of our children if we are not with them during this quarantine. We might not be successful financially but we are together in taking on life’s challenges. All glory to God who allowed this things to happen in our lives.

1 Like

True @Bhert…I have a friend who really doesn’t believe on “everything happens for a reason”…because for her, things happen as a result of your action…as she said “what comes around goes around”…maybe it is partially true, and karma is real…but for me, I believe that things happen for a reason because it is part of God’s plan…

@IamRichardJohn… that was a sad story…I mean life overseas is not easy…you have to double your time in order to earn for your family…so you must keep on saving, saving, saving…but sometimes unexpected things happen out of our control…So whatever happens, always remember there is a rainbow after the rain…Be still and know that God is with you…

1 Like