Do you fear God?

Hello, dear friends,
Do you fear God? I mean it in the good way, as you know the fear of God refers to the respect we all as christians need and have for the Lord.
This goes in all of the aspects of life, doing the good and punishing the bad (or at least repriment those who do it), respecting ourselves and the others, having faith, and all of the lessons Jesus gave us in his life on Earth.
So what do you think? I think having the fear of God is not only good as a part of making stronger our own faith, but it makes us a better person.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

You are right and also in the scripture, To “fear Him” means to stand in awe of Him: “Let all the earth FEAR the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world STAND IN AWE OF HIM!” (Ps 33.8). To fear the Lord is to stand in awe of his majesty, power, wisdom, justice and mercy, especially in Christ’s life, death and resurrection; that is, to have an exalted view of God. To see God in all his glory and then respond to Him appropriately. To humble ourselves before Him. To adore Him.

2 Likes

I fear God more than I fear man, most of the time. I wish I could say with absolute certainty that I always fear God first. (Stand it awe of Him, and be more concerned about pleasing God than myself or other people.) Jesus Christ told us to not only love one another in the church, but also to love our enemies as we love ourselves so that we would be like our Father in heaven who sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.

Matthew 5:43-48 New International Version (NIV)*
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

I don’t really need to learn how to judge others. I need how to learn to give judgement of others to God. The only time I see that we are told by Jesus to judge others is within the body of Christ, and we are to do that with the hope of making that person aware of where they have gone astray so they will come back to God, to His Word, to His cleansing.

And

Matthew 10:28 New International Version (NIV)*
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

That is, fear God and obey Him - out of reverence and belief and awe for Who and What He is!

My two cents.

1 Like