Do you love your parents?

I’m just asking if do you still love your parents even they’re not treating you as their own? I believe there’s alot of children who got rejected and abandoned. They’re brave enough to be alive from depression.

Hi ! @zayn22
I once also felt rejected and not loved by my parents. Given that we are six in the family, having three other siblings felt like a competetion. I didn’t understand them back then. My answer to your question is - Yes ! I do love them my parents so much. I don’t know about the situation of other people but as for me, our parents want what’s best for us. They sacrifice alot that we often don’t understand their ways and actions. To those who were abandoned remember that you have a Father, God himself is your father. May you never fail to see His goodness towards you, also, the love and support of those people who believes in you. You’ll go through this ! Keep fighting ! :heart:

1 Like

Hi @zayn22! Way back grade school to highschool I really felt left out as always because I am the youngest and I have 3 siblings (2 sisters and 1 brother). My age gap with my brother is 7 years and all of them are schooling in Manila.

We are not rich, that is why all my needs as the youngest is always the least to be complied. I always envy my siblings because all their needs are supplied while mine is not.

To cut the story short, I went to college and studied engineering and graduated 6 years after. I am able to work homebased and able to give my parents some of my salary. Even if I felt left out before, I still owe them for their efforts for sending me to college and for all the sacrifices they have done to us. That’s how I love my parents!

1 Like

Hi, @zayn22!

Sometimes, yeah they can be frustrating. I guess that is part of life, part of growing up. What matters is you solve whatever problem you have with your parents. Because at the end of the day, they are your parents, no one else. Even with all the fights, I still love them both very much. I know parenting can be very hard, not a parent though, but I think it is. Figuring out how to raise your child to be a good person. There are no trials, whatever you may say or do to your child is final. I salute those parents out there doing their very best to raise their children well.

1 Like

@zayn22 Parents can change our lives. Some parents provide the motivational challenges that keep us on the golden road to success. Others foster environments that are very harmful to child development. As we get older, we tend to think about our upbringing a bit more. The meaning of parenthood becomes even more powerful with each day we age. So for me I might say yes I do love my parents for shaping the person I am today.

1 Like