Do you think a thankful heart is important?

Most definitely yes! Having a thankful heart helps a lot with your overall mood and character as a person. Instead of focusing on your problems and on things you cannot control, having a thankful heart can lead you to appreciating what you have. Seeing the positive things that happened throughout your day instead of the negative ones.

Are you thankful no matter what? Perhaps you have lost your job recently, as the economy has continued to struggle. Or you may have lost your health, or a loved one. Such circumstances can be tremendously difficult. But even so, we all have much to be thankful for. This is really the echo of our mind now and then.

I love what God says in his words:
ā€œSing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christā€ (Ephesians 5:19-20, NIV).

Think of it: Always giving thanks for everythingā€”no matter the circumstances! Thanksgiving for the Apostle Paul was not a once-a-year celebration, but a daily reality that changed his life and made him a joyful person in every situation.

Thanksgivingā€”the giving of thanksā€”to God for all His blessings should be one of the most distinctive marks of the believer in Jesus Christ. We must not allow a spirit of ingratitude to harden our heart and chill our relationship with God and with others.

Nothing turns us into bitter, selfish, dissatisfied people more quickly than an ungrateful heart. And nothing will do more to restore contentment and the joy of our salvation than a true spirit of thankfulness.

Thank you Lord for the blessings it maybe little or more Iā€™m so thankful. :pray::raised_hands:

1 Like

I agree with you! The situation will not make us bitter, it is our own perspective or how we see the situation. There are hundreds of ways on how to look at a situation. Choose to see the good in every bad. Choose to be thankful for what is there than to be bitter on what isnā€™t.

1 Like

Yes. Always. Everyday is a blessing. Though every single day is different. Some days we wake up and feel strong to face the world, we feel like we can handle everything and unstoppable. Other days we just donā€™t wanna get out of our bed, we feel like weā€™re fragile like glass and just wanna get away from reality. And that is life. Life consists of both kind of days. But whatever it is, I am always thankful. We just need to open and eyes to appreciate the beauty of life. That it has ups and downs and that is what makes it a wonderful journey.

@kianna Yes, very true. The love of God to us is unmeasured. Experiencing this crisis more than two months are difficult to everybody. Yet, looking at the bright side of this struggles, you can see thereā€™s some good in his plans no matter how satan trying overtakes us from our faith to God, still the devil will not overpower the intelligence of God. Maybe someone isnā€™t in the good condition now, and asking until when we will suffer? God can assured to us, this is not permanent. We will be free from virus. :pray::raised_hands:

1 Like

Hello, dear @riseupforlord
This a tricky question hehe. To me, people have or need to have a thankful heart, is the only way to truly appreciate all the things we each have in our lives and that makes us different and happy even if we donā€™t notice it. About the second part, complaining is not bad, when thereā€™s something wrong or bad itā€™s okay and necessary for you to act to change it, because you deserve it and God only wants the best for us but we need to want that best for us.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

Yes it is very important, as the bible says in everything give thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. This is what God wants us to do, to thank Him about anything may it be good or bad. I know that during some circumstances in our life it might be very hard to say thank you Lord because of trials, but we should always look to Jesus because He is reason enough for us to be grateful.

I always try to keep a thankful heart. Every blessing we receive is a gift from God and we should not take it for granted. These blessings are given to us because God knows what we need. We should not complain about anything because we do not own anything. We should always appreciate the things we receive and wait for the things that will come.

@riseupforlord I think it depends on the mood. There are times that I handle my daily life with a thankful heart and there are also times that I complain especially when I am frustrated. I guess itā€™s normal because of my own imperfections. Sometimes itā€™s hard to understand what is going on with life, even if I know the answers, I canā€™t help it but complain. But at the end of the day, God is listening and He is the only one who can give us everlasting peace.

Yes, sir @Bhert. It is just a matter of perspective. We must have faith in the Lord and of course do our part.

@riseupforlord as what my life verse says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version (KJV)
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

if we have the ā€œhabitual heartā€ to thank every circumstances that came into our lives , God will be very happy to bless us and grant all our heartā€™s desire according to His will.

indeed, its hard to thank God in this Pandemic situation , i understand that we are just human, but when the opportunity arises, and when we have time to choose, let us choose a grateful heart. it is better to feel, than a complaining mouth