Do you think bible study is helpful and important?

Do you think bible study is helpful and important?

There is no way to the Father except through Jesus, and Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

John 1:1-5 New International Version (NIV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

He is also the Word made flesh.

If you BELIEVE in Jesus Christ, you will desire His Word with all your heart.

Important? Except for first loving God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength, and loving my neighbor as myself (loving them in spite of their follies) there IS NO GREATER importance than reading the Word of God which we call the Bible.

Study, for me, came after I read it all the way through several times. One cannot truly understand what the story is about unless one reads it as it is, first.

I encourage you, @Leahfan to just READ the Bible before you try to study it. Once you understand the arch of the story, then go back and choose a favorite book, hopefully a small one that has say 3 or 4 chapters, and study it by asking the Holy Spirit to reveal to you what it is God wants you to see. Always, always, always check teachers, preachers and even your own thoughts about God with the Bible. Therefore you must be in the Word every day.

Of course, I believe in teaching because the teaching transforms a person, the bible study is the teaching of God its very very important and useful for our life on earth and the life to come which is eternal.

there are public bible study and the personal bible study, personally the personal bible study helped me a lot, that is the time i got more conviction of the holy Spirit about all truth.

I think more than anything else Bible study is more important and beneficial.

Yes, definitely. I even think that this is the most important thing in my life.