Do you think the sickness is the punishment from God?

I heard some people say, you are sick because of your crime in front of God. Do you think the sickness is the punishment from God?

I think it may be right. However, though it is punishment, it is not given for punishment itself, but to discipline and to give brighter life, freed from life burdened and stained with sins. Jeremiah 29:11 says, For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. God wants to give a future and a hope ultimately.

The sickness can be caused by different reason. Some are caused the wrong life habits, some are the attack from the devil, some are God’s discipline.

1 Like

Sometime it is.

We should consider the situation… sometimes we are sick just because lacking exercise, but sometimes maybe God wants us learn something from the sickness.

Sometimes, maybe it is. But many times it may be a reminder, just like you feel pain when you much too closer to the fire.

If it were, I think Christian should destroy all the hospital and kill the doctors, because they are fighting with God.

what do you think?

If any Christian think sickness is the punishment, please do not go to hospital, otherwise it seems that you are really bad

I don’t think so. Sometimes it’s because of our sin ,but sometimes it’s our duty if we don’t take care of our body, it will get sick. In addition, sometimes it’s God’s test for us.