Do you think what the relationship between faith and politics is?

Some christians like politics, and how should them deal with its relationship with their faith?

The relationship between faith and politics is very simple: that you can’t separated your body parts. faith is your heart and politics is your outer part of body. faith is the highest human consciousness, Politics is a servant of people. Your outer body always support your precious heart and your heart always love unite and associated with your outward body.when you get hurt the whole part of your body is in pain even your heart beat rate faster. This is the relationship between faith and politics, this relationship will never be able to end it’s a art of living. There’s a time when politics need Church, Temple, Majid, and others religious places, and faith need politics helping hands. Today many parts we are witnessing the rising of anti- faith discourse from new atheist and some idiotic cult faith group, causes Communal riot, Discrimination in the country especially minority faith group, and they have demanded that government should to take a special step to protects religious minority, therefore government simply can’t ignore it, protecting religious minority group because politics have mundane Powers “likewise a good physical body” and faith has only love, peace, and the experience of the divine, “ likewise a good heart” . Democracy, republic, secularism is supposedly a device that seek to protect faith from the corrupt of politics and politics from becoming usurped by faith . Every sphere of culture art, science, education, business, family and politics is a field of activities provide by God. But those corrupted nepotism hypocrite and misdirected by Sin. “ Likewise your legs will continue working your hands will pick up anything” but your heart will take judgement. All people are religious we can’t separated our faith from our Politics.

As long as faith play a role in the identities of people, it will play a role in politics, faith will survive and faith group continue to play a major role everywhere and politics will always be working with faith.

sorry, you’ve all got it wrong…RELIGION IS POLITICS…just one more political faction…what do you think organized religion started as???..p.s. i am a proud republican, and i don’t hate bush…just don’t agree with all of his beliefs

No I don’t think it is wise to mix religion and politics. We can look into history and see why. That is not to say, though, that politicians have to somehow not be religious. They just have to remember they represent a plurality of diverse religious thinking people and then do what they think is best for every person involved (their religion may help them when it gets really difficult). The Ten Commandments are one form of law, and while I support their display amongst other forms of law or there are even some other ways in which they can be displayed with other things,but I agree that when they are displayed alone then the message may not be clear. As a Hindu I wouldn’t want the Ten Commitments of Hinduism or the Law of Manu to be posted up without other representations of Law, for example, be reflected. Or in other forms in which something of a religious nature is included in what is intended to be a secular display, I want to make sure that I have made it clear that the display is not about any particular religion but really about whatever I have done so much hard work at displaying. On money, in the pledge…these are tricky questions. The word God on money and in the pledge is very vague…so much so that it almost negates the very religious understanding behind it. I don’t think it is necessary for us to have it on our money or in our pledge. I don’t think it really does much for the rest of us. By insisting it be there it is almost like we are putting God down in a way. We may not make it to church every Sunday (according to reports), or read the Bible regularly (according to surveys), or practice our own religious beliefs very much…but I’m a religious person because I stand up and say God in the pledge and I can read “In God We Trust” on the money so reading the money is equivalent to reading the sacred texts. Saying God in the pledge is equivalent to praying and going houses of worship.

As for the Declaration of Independence, it is slightly religious only in the sense that it mentions a Creator, but doesn’t specify to whom or what that actually means. It is almost secular in its mentioning. It tries very hard not to convey a single deity or single religion, but yet still acknowledges a religious tone at certain points. It is intriguing.

Religion and nationalism are, historically, the two most common appeals made by ruling elites seeking support.

Back in 1095 Pope Urban II unsurprisingly began the crusades with appeals to God and territorial claims on the holy land. Queen Elizabeth I of England, in 1588, combined nationalistic rhetoric with religion in her war against Spain, “…we shall shortly have a famous victory over the enemies of my God, of my kingdom and of my people.” Yes the enemies of England are also the enemies of God, goes without saying.

It’s a rhetoric that has been repeated endlessly, especially in the attempt to motivate ordinary people to fight wars from which their only hope is to return alive. Here’s Hitler doing the same thing as Liz I:

“The German people is no warlike nation. It is a soldierly one which means it does not want a war but does not fear it. It loves peace, but it also loves its honour and freedom … I now pray to God that he will bless in the years to come our work, our deeds, our foresight, our resolve; that the almighty may protect us from both arrogance and cowardly servility, that he may help us find the right way which he has laid down for the German people and that he may always give us courage to do the right thing and never to falter or weaken before any power or any danger.”

Yep, God had a special plan for the German people - but with friends like that …

The modern US rhetoric follows the same pattern as I’m sure you’re aware. Here is Bush preparing us for battle: “Today, people from all walks of life gave thanks for the heroes; they mourn the dead; they ask for God’s good graces on the families who mourn, and tomorrow the good people of America go back to their shops, their fields, American factories, and go back to work. [. . .] This is a new kind of – a new kind of evil. And we understand. And the American people are beginning to understand. This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while.”

Palin’s Alaska church speech, declaring the Iraq war God’s will is just following protocol. God’s always willing wars according to the powerful. And today He’s kind enough to put America right in the centre of two, possibly three. Tens of thousands killed? Hallelujah brother, God bless America, and on and on.

The whole answer to that rather large question is, I believe, answered by our Lord and Savior here:

Matthew 22:15-22 New International Version (NIV)
15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?”

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

Correct me if I am wrong here, @MiaJackson1 did you say you are a Hindu?

Or were you using that as an example?

Thanks. Just got lost for a bit there.

John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”