Do you understand that the Bible is not a big collection of Fortune Cookies?

I have seen many, too many, on this site quoting tiny portions of Scripture, like one or two verses, conveniently leaving out identifying words like “Zion” or “Israel” then “claiming” it as some promise God has made THEM!

I find this frustrating. The Word of God is not to be trifled with. Does anyone here understand we are not to twist scripture for our own selfish ends?

Amen, that’s true…

1 Like

In the matter of the interpreting the scriptures context is like King…we cant use the scripture as we want and to fulfill our own selfish desires…

1 Like

I agree.

1 Like

Glad to see you guys here! I call you brothers and sisters in Christ. :blush:
@Ebenesar-Arun @MiaJackson1 @EmilyJohnson may the Good Lord bless and keep you!

James 2:10-11
You can’t pick and choose in these things, specializing in keeping one or two things in God’s law and ignoring others. 11 The same God who said, “Don’t commit adultery,” also said, “Don’t murder.” If you don’t commit adultery but go ahead and murder, do you think your non-adultery will cancel out your murder? No, you’re a murderer, period.

1 Like

Yes, I agree, we should be a workman of God “who correctly handles the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)

1 Like

Yes!

James 2:10-11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not commit murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

(I didn’t recognize the version you were using or if you were paraphrasing, so I just put a different version up. Excellent scripture to cite for this!)