Does God Ever Change His Mind?

Does God ever change His mind? I seem to remember reading somewhere in the Bible that He can change His mind. But this worries me, because He might change His mind about letting me into Heaven.

I believe on some things God changed Him mind, but never on the matter of salvation, it’s certain.

Romans 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

1 Like

When Christians describe God as unchanging, this is to say that He is unchanging in His being and character. What is not meant is that He is static or paralyzed. The God of Scripture is constantly acting. That God is unchangeable should not be misconstrued as meaning that He cannot and does not act.

Do you believe pray can change God’s mind?

1 Like

I believe in the love of God, he always changes his mind. He changed his mind after Moses prayed for the Isreal, God didn’t destroy Isreal. God changed his mind after Jonah preach to the great city of Nineveh. God changed his mind like Luke chapter 15, like the father always waiting for his son come back to home. Our God is almighty God, but because he loves us, he like a powerless father.

Yes, in love, our God always changes his mind for the human.

God never changes his love for us. But he always forgives us. When the people of Israel made a calf idol in the wilderness and sacrificed, God would anger them and destroy them, but forgive us because of the appeal of Moses. All of this is because of the love of God.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

NO, it is unchangable.

Yes. Because He is God of love. Our God is full of mercy and grace. If we repent our sins, He will change His mind to forgive us and save us. I remember in the book of Jonah, it records that God regretted to punish the Nineveh when the whole city repented.

When God punish all over the world through 40 days flood. God regret and he will not punish again like this.