DOES HELL EXIST?

DOES HELL EXIST?
Yes, hell exists, according to the Bible. Note: in the remainder of this article, we will use the term hell to mean, broadly, “place of conscious torment after death.” We realize that hell is technically different from the lake of fire, but we will allow our other articles to describe the differences.
The Bible speaks of the reality of hell in the same terms as the reality of heaven (Revelation 20:14–15; 21:1–2). In fact, Jesus spent more time warning people about the dangers of hell than He did in comforting them with the hope of heaven. The concept of a real, conscious, forever-and-ever existence in hell is just as biblical as a real, conscious, forever-and-ever existence in heaven. Trying to separate them is simply not possible from a biblical standpoint.
Despite the Bible’s clear teaching of both heaven and hell, it is not unusual for people to believe in the reality of heaven while rejecting the reality of hell. In part, this is due to wishful thinking. It’s easier to accept the idea of a “nice” afterlife, but damnation isn’t quite so appealing. This is the same mistake human beings often make when it comes to substance abuse, dangerous behaviors, and so forth. The assumption that we will get what we want overrides the unpleasant (but rational) view that things might not end well.
Rejection of the existence of hell can also be blamed on inaccurate assumptions about what hell is. Hell is frequently imagined as a burning wasteland, a dungeon full of cauldrons and pitchforks, or an underground city filled with ghosts and goblins. Popular depictions of hell often involve a flaming torture chamber or a spiritual jail where evil things reside—and where good things travel to battle evil. This version of hell does not exist. There is a real place called hell, but it is not the Dante’s Inferno image most people think of. Certain details about hell are given in the Bible, but those details do not match the popular myths.
The Bible actually gives very few particulars about hell. We know that it was originally intended for demonic spiritual beings, not people (Matthew 25:41). The experience of being in hell is compared to burning (Mark 9:43; 9:48; Matthew 18:9; Luke 16:24). At the same time, hell is compared to darkness (Matthew 22:13) and associated with intense grief (Matthew 8:12) and horror (Mark 9:44).
In short, the Bible tells us only what being in hell is “like”; it does not explicitly say what hell is or how exactly it functions. What the Bible does make clear is that hell is real, eternal, and to be avoided at all costs (Matthew 5:29–30).

Vanik Khachaturian

It sure does

Scoop Mendenhall

I’m not sure if you properly understand what the Bible means by hell. No one will burn for ever and ever. This is deception that you are spreading and this same deception came from Satan. Apparently you believe Satan, and not God. Immortality was spoken of by the devil in Genesis when he told Eve “Ye shall not surely die”. And here you are spreading the same lie. What did Jesus say about humans being immortal? Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell…hell=Gehenna- a symbolic name for the final place of punishment of the ungodly. The wicked will be punished, each according to their deeds. And then they are burnt up. Who will be punished the longest. We know that this is Satan. But he too, will be burnt up. Psalm 37:10 – For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. (Will be completely burnt up)Psalm 37:20 – But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume: into smoke shall they consume away. (They shall be no more)Malachi 4:1– For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. (They won’t be burning forever, just till gone, each according to their works)Malachi 4:3 – And ye shall tread down the wicked: for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of host. Rev 21:8 – But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Rev 20:14 – And death and Hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Hell means the grave)

Patrick Strickler

What happens to Satan? Satan is not in charge of Hell or Hellfire. Rev 20:10 – And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.Ezek 28:18 – Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.Rev 20:15 – And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire… For ever = In Greek it means “Eon”. Eon – “an indefinitely long period of time”Jonah 1:17 – Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.Jonah 2:6 – I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O Lord my God.Exodus 21:6 – Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.1 Sam 1:22 – But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up until the child be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appear before the Lord, and there abide for ever.1 Sam 28:2 – And David said to Achish, Surely thou shalt know what they servant can do. And Achish said to David, Therefore will I make thee keeper of mine head for ever. We know that none of these things lasted for ever.

Patrick Strickler

Hell is mentioned in the Bible 54 times:Sheol – “the grave” OT 31 times.Hades – “the grave” NT 10 times.Gehenna – “the place of burning” 12 timesTartarus – “a place of darkness” 1 time

Patrick Strickler

hell, hades means grave, lake of fire is were the wicked ones will burn up

Renier Koen

That’s not entirely biblical. https://www.what-happens-when-we-die.com

Emily Frazer

sorry, allah isnt the CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND EARTH. JESUS CHRIST IS. JESUS CHRIST IS THE SALVATION.

Melvin Clark