Does Salvation guarantee heaven?

Hi all do you have an answer for this? Jesus paid for all my sins. I have received salvation and I am saved eternally. All my sins have been forgiven. Does this guarantee heaven?

What is the motivation to live after gaining salvation to keep the laws of God for you?

1 Like

Hi @Sarah-mariam
Have you repented of all your sins, sincerely to God? And have you turned to Jesus Christ with all your heart and fully surrendered to Him as both your LORD and your Savior?

If you have, then I can answer it. If you merely “accepted” Christ, as in accepted the facts of His life and death, then it’s a different answer.

2 Likes

Being saved does not stop there. We have to do and follow Jesus as what he did in His ministry on Earth. Salvation is a gift, Rewards is through good deeds and faith.

2 Likes

Thank you both. I think I need some more clarity on this. After one receives salvation, what should be the motive of a persons right moral behavior? Before Salvation one must have had longing for them to be released from sin but after salvation since I am already free from sins, what must be my longing. Of course answer is Jesus. But just one word Jesus seems very shallow for me to understand.

1 Like

@Sarah-mariam Thank you for expanding what you need clarity about. After one receives salvation the first thing you should do is:

1. Start reading the Bible every single day. (If you have not read it start in the Gospel of John.)
    The second thing that should happen if you have received salvation is something we call “conviction”. This happens when we do something wrong (such as take the Lord’s name in vain - something that was a nearly impossible habit for me to break on my own) because the Holy Spirit is given to us when we are saved. If you feel no guilt or conviction (knowing you’re busted as soon as you sin - God sees all, even our thought life) then it’s possible that someone told you that you are saved without explaining it fully.

Just in case that happened, there is hope! See this:
https://youtu.be/h-6BmSOgyro ← click here to watch short video

The video is of a man named Ray Comfort who is a tireless street evangelist. He doesn’t yell at anyone. He’s loving, patient and willing to explain over and over to many people exactly why we even NEED salvation and then the way to approach God asking for it! Really good video of that. Listen as the man interviewed (Jose) listens. Pretend you’re him and let Ray teach you the truth from God’s Holy Word. Most of the time you can’t even tell Ray is quoting from the Bible, but he is. I’ve read it enough to recognize that most of what he says is God’s Word, not Ray Comfort’s word.

Praying God will draw you closer to Him!

P.S. The “motivation to live after gaining salvation to keep the laws of God for you?” is this: God creates in us a new heart with new desires when we are saved. As we read His Word (Bible) we begin to understand what has happened to us and what God wants and how what God wants can be accomplished. It is all about reliance, total reliance on and trust in, Jesus Christ not just as Savior but also as Lord of your life. He is rich in mercy and is humble in heart. His yoke is easy, and His burden is light!

If you don’t feel like the burden of God’s law is light, then really, please, watch the video for one very short and clear explanation so you can be saved and so that you can then be assured of heaven. (God never breaks His Word. Never.)

1 Like

Faith is a gift from God.

Ephesians 2:8-9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Rewards?

Matthew 5:11-12 (NASB) "Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. "Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

As for following Jesus:

Luke 14:26-27 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
26 “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. 27 Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

It is important that we not start with the glorious gift of salvation given to us then try to complete it with our own good “deeds”. That is often called “works righteousness”. After all, there are MANY worldly folk who have zero interest in God or religion who do a tremendous amount of good deeds. If good deeds got us salvation or kept our salvation, would they not be the first saved?

Good deeds are not what we are looking for. We are looking for the fruit of the Spirit which is seen here

Galatians 5:22-23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

The fruit of the Spirit comes as a result of God’s true work of salvation in a soul.

1 Like