Does this mean that people are free from responsibility and don’t accept the consequences of the sins because have been forgiven?

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Does this mean that people are free from responsibility and don’t accept the consequences of the sins because have been forgiven?, whereas Romans 6:23 says that there are consequences for a sin

Clara Hertuida

The consequences of sin is death,it may not be physically you are dead, but if you confessed your sins and give it up then you are doing good (Proverbs 28:13)

Victor Vonleh

Salvation and sin:Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord! Anything having to do with our salvation has everything to do the complete redemptive work of the cross completed by Jesus Christ! Our part is to receive it by faith! We do not work for our salvation! If we sin, yes we should turn from it. But this is an action does not save us or condemn us for those who are INCHRIST-Who live in the spirit! Romans 8:1. We are saved by grace through faith alone: John 3:16.Salvation and sin:Christians are NOT defined by their sin because they are INChrist! The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life! Romans 6:23. There is only one unforgivable sin and that is blaspheming the Holy Spirit! This is rejecting God’s free gift of salvation: 1 Corinthian’s 15:1 -4. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God—there is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus cause we now live in the spirit with God! Romans 8:1. Hence this sin is only committed by unbelievers!! Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation” —”‭‭Mark‬ ‭3:28-29‬ ‭NKJV1 Corinthians:When a Christian Saint sins there is temporal earthly punishment: God will discipline & chastise us! Hebrews 12:6. Instead, the Lord lovingly works with us by the hand of the Holy Spirit who helps us grow in spiritual maturity to overcome sin-a lifelong process called sanctification. How are we made righteous?We are made righteous by grace through faith alone in Jesus Christ. Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness, Genesis 15:6. Seek first the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness (not our own righteousness…) and all these things shall be added unto you! Matthew 6:33. Christians walk in the spirit! We do not work for our salvation under the law. We are under The superior covenant of grace. Hebrews 10:16. Believers are not saved by what we do …but by what we BELIEVE: gospel first Corinthians 15:1-4:1 Corinthians 6:11And such WERE some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.“WERE”-is past tense we (those who believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) are washed by the blood of Jesus Christ! So many people who are spreading a FALSE works-fear based- salvation, and almost always Conveniently omit: 1 Corinthians 6:11!!!Salvation is a WORK-FREE GIFT of God by his GRACE! Which is received by faith! We do not “work for our salvation…” We are NOT saved by what we DO(works) —but by what we BELIEVE (faith)!!!If you think there’s something that you need to do besides believe & trust in the gospel of Jesus Christ: First Corinthians 15:1-4–then you have not truly accepted the free gift of salvation! Romans 3:20:Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall NO flesh be justified in HIS sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.We are saved by GRACE; the work is God’s, not ours. “Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who DOES NOT WORK but TRUSTS God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness” (Romans 4:4–5). Here we see two great truths. First, God justifies the ungodly—not people who have done their best and somehow elicited a gracious response from God. God justifies those who do not deserve it. Second, God justifies people who receive salvation by faith—not people who give it their best effort. If they are justified in any part based on what they do, they are receiving wages, not a gift. If grace is based on works to any degree, then it is not grace (Romans 11:6). Ephesians 2:8-9: For it is by grace you have been saved through FAITH, and this NOT from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 NOT by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life. THEREFORE, We Are Saved UNTO GOOD WORKS, NOT BY good works!!!Galatians 2:16‬: Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall NO flesh be justified…!

Bee Bernette

Hallelujah

Thatho James Jiga Silasi

Amen forgive me Jesus

Willie Jean Bergquist

Israel is a prime example of God’s patience and mercy as well as Judgement.On a more personal aspect…Look at the differences in God’s dealings with King David and King Saul.David found mercy and grace.Saul did not have a heart for God.And we see how his story ended.God is loving and merciful.But also…Not at ALL to be (played with).Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful and terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God [incurring His judgment and wrath].1 Samuel 2:30 Therefore the LORD God of Israel declares, ‘I did indeed say that your house and that of [Aaron] your father would walk [in priestly service] before Me forever.’ But now the LORD declares, 'Far be it from Me-for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me will be insignificant and contemptible.John 12:26 Those who serve me must follow me. My servants will be with me wherever I will be. If people serve me, the Father will honor them.

Mark Anthony

Yes but God is merciful. When God give us mercy He will spare us from the consequences

Bu Mapeso

Sin has a price. We will pay it in this life. Our salvation is secure.

Lanny Blair