Enoch has been cited in books Jude and Deuteronomy and also I understand that several books were removed from the Bible in the 19th century

Brothers and sisters I have a question for you…
My father and I study and converse about the Word of God all the time. A lot of our conversations turn to Enoch and how he speaks on giants, the fallen angels and so on. Because the books are not in the Bible I wonder if it is a sin to take them as truth. I figure either they are truth and things not included because it may be things God doesn’t want us to know OR completely untrue and God doesn’t want us confused but either way not included and we’re not supposed to know. BUT Enoch has been cited in books Jude and Deuteronomy and also I understand that several books were removed from the Bible in the 19th century. I’ll likely take this to my pastor but I love hearing from you all and your perspectives. What say you?

Valerie Olson

It was in the Hebrew Bible, certainly was prior to Nicea and they omitted it because all the strange content in there. Notice it is stilk in the world’s oldest Bibles lol, King James and Nicea did t like the whole watchers thing.

Michael Romasanta

It would have been considered cannonical by the conservative groups in the second temple period. Jesus our God would have had them as standard reading. They’re still included in the Ethiopian, Syrian, and Aramaic bibles. The book does nothing more than solidify the personage of Jesus as Messiah. THE BOOK CANNOT be taken literally, as it was only Pseudepigrapha. Message me if you have any questions pertaining. I’ve sought the Holy spirits direction pertaining these books for decades.

Brennan G Martens

Well, giants did exist according to the Old Testament.

Mike Crim

Enochian magic is not well known nowadays

Anthony Spinelli Jr.

I hope you’ll understand this. STOP FOCUSING ON THE BIBLE AND START FOCUSING ON JESUS. Yes, you should read the Bible at least once a day. But if you put your focus on the Bible and not on JESUS, you’ll fail the test.

Tshepang Shuba Kekana

There are several reasons the book of Enoch isn’t in the Bible.1. The authorship cannot be established and is believed to be falsely attributed to Enoch.2. It was never considered scripture by the early church nor the Jews, who would have added it to the OT.3. The book of Enoch is never referred to as scripture by Jesus nor any New Testament writers.Yes, Jude potentially quotes a passage out of Enoch (although in side by side comparison, that can be questionable), as he does another secular source. In fact the Bible quotes many secular sources, none of which are scripture.Here are just a few examples:The Book of Jasher is mentioned in Joshua 10:13 and 2 Samuel 1:18 and also referenced in 2 Timothy 3:8. From the context in the Book of Samuel, it is implied that it was a collection of poetry. But it is not scripture.The Book of the Wars of the Lord is mentioned in Numbers 21:14 but it is not scripture.The Chronicles of the Kings of Israel and Chronicles of the Kings of Judah are mentioned in the Books of Kings (1 Kings 14:19,29). They are not scripture.There are many others in the OT.Here’s a small list for the NT, none of which are included within the Canon.Pagan authors quoted or alluded to:Menander, Thais 218 (1 Cor. 15:33)Epimenides, de Oraculis, (Titus 1:12-13, where Paul introduces Epimenides as “a prophet of the Cretans,” see Epimenides paradox)Aratus, Phaenomena 5, (Acts 17:28, where Paul refers to the words of “some of your own poets”)Non-canonical books quoted or alluded to:Book of Enoch (Jude 1:4, 1:6, 1:13, 1:14–15,[22], 2 Peter 2:4; 3:13, and John 7:38).Book of Jasher (2 Timothy 3:8, 2 Samuel 1:18, Joshua 10:13)Epistle to the Laodiceans (Colossians 4:16 “read the epistle from Laodicea”)Life of Adam and Eve (2 Corinthians 11:14 “Satan as an angel of light”, 12:2 “Third Heaven”)A lost section of the Assumption of Moses (2 Timothy 3:8, Jude 9 “Michael… body of Moses”)Martyrdom of Isaiah (Hebrews 11:37 “they were sawn in two”)Paul’s letter to the Corinthians before 1 Corinthians (1 Corinthians 5:9 “I wrote to you in my letter…”)So quotation of a book within scripture does not by default make that book worthy of being added to the bible. It simply means that what was quoted happened to be useful to God within His Word.

Kevin Thomas

Elsa Van Dyk Never said it was. But Google is a tool that can be used to find good informative articles that will clearly list all the contradictions between Enoch and other scriptures. The only people who would argue not to do this would be the ones who dont want people to see what the contradictions are.

Kenneth J. Schonmeier

I think it’s best to pray about it ask God if it’s something you need to know the Holy Spirit will lead you

Nicole Stuples

1 Enoch is good for knowledge, I have nothing bad to say about it beyond it having to many translational issues to recommend it for reading by anyone that does not already have an intimate understanding of the canonical scriptures…

August Iorio

The BIBLE IS THE ONLY WORD OF GOD AND JESUS IS THE WORD IF GOD. THEREFORE JESUS IS THE BIBLE. Please wholeheartedly confess Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and you shall be saved. The Holy Spirit will indwell you to understand the Bible. God richly bless and keep you

Evelyn Salawu