Even when we are hurt

Reflection from Kalvin Valentine Bell

Even when we are hurt, persecuted and stricken we must find the strength to say to our oppressors “I forgive you in the name of Jesus Christ”. We must find the strength to say to our enemies, “Father forgive them because they know not what they do”. You may think I’m crazy for saying this, but I still believe that prayer changes things. Yes! I believe that the love of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is more powerful than any weapon. I believe that the word of God which is the Bible, is sharper than any two edged sword. I believe that all things are possible for God.

1 Like

I try my very best to forgive people that have done me bad. I mean, it can be very hard sometimes, but we all know it is not impossible most especially since we are with the Lord God. Forgiving people is healthy not only to you but also to those who hurt you. We need to instill into people’s minds that nothing good comes out from revenge and resentment. The road of forgiveness may be hard, but you will thank yourself in the future.

This is one of the most difficult things to do as Christians. It is easier to give to the poor, easier to regularly come to church, easier to give tithes, easier to worship, than it is to forgive those who hurt us. It takes absolute selflessness and tapping into God’s own gracious heart.

It is in these cases that we should tell ourselves, WWJD, because Jesus after he was beaten, flogged, hurt, and crucified prayed to the Father to forgive those who caused him pain. Lord, help us. It is difficult, but yes, @FaithinGod, all things are possible for God.

1 Like

Hello, dear @FaithinGod
This is one of the thing that is very hard to understand for us as humans, the daily lives has made us resentful and sometimes exposed to so many violence that we get full of hatred. As Jesus did, as God did, they lived by love and the resolve of saving all. Maybe we should try to copy that, the world would be a better place.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

There are times that it’s hard to forgive people especially when they have hurt us so much but when you think about God and how he forgive us despite how grave our sins are, it allows us to evaluate ourselves and change our hearts to be able to truly forgive others.

Upon reading this reflection from Kalvin, I remember the quote “Forgive people in your life, even those who are not sorry for their actions. Holding on to anger only hurts you not them.” When life hits us hard, there is nothing as effective as forgiveness for healing deep wounds. Although it is so hard to forgive people who wronged us, but I do believe that “time will heal”…

@FaithinGod Yes we must forgive who do bad things to us.
We are sinful in nature but remember that we also do bad things to other and God is watching us while we are doing that and we know that still we are doing it. And by the end of the day God forgive us. So we must forgive other people. And remember the Lord’s Pray" Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us on our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

1 Like

I agree, we must also check up on ourselves before pinpointing other people’s mistakes. If we changed positively, then why not other people, too? We are all in the process of learning and failing.