EVERY SOUL THAT SINS DIES

WE LOVE YOU

In Genesis 19, God sends two angels disguised as men to Sodom, where the men of Sodom threaten to rape them. God then destroys the city with fire and brimstone.

Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

The men’s aggressive actions are preceded by lavish displays of hospitality from Abraham and Sarah (Genesis 18) and Lot (Genesis 19). These preceding accounts place the focus on the men of Sodom’s violent, disgraceful treatment of strangers.

Now the two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When Lot saw them, he got up to meet them, bowed facedown, Isn’t it to share your bread with the hungry, to bring the poor and homeless into your home, to clothe the naked when you see him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

“Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.”

Share with the saints who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, for I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in,

Romans 12:13
Isaiah 58:7
1 Timothy 3:2
Matthew 25:35
Hebrews 1:14
Hebrews 13:2
Ezekiel 16:49