Everybody has equal access to the knowledge that they must obey and maintain their own salvation

Imagine if I had a car and I gave it to somebody and they brought it back to me every time something went wrong with it expecting me to fix it. I would have a discussion with them. Stating that maintenance is up to them. They can’t bring it back to me every time something needs to be fixed or maintained. It is not my responsibility. There’s actually been court cases where people tried to sue mechanics for not maintaining the vehicle that they bought from them. I see this with salvation God gives us salvation and it’s up to us now to maintain it by obedience. By taking up our Cross by working out our salvation with fear and trebling. But there’s a lot of people out there who follow a false doctrine that God is supposed to maintain their salvation for them. So on Judgment Day When God Says you never obeyed me depart from me. They will try to blame God saying it was his responsibility and he would show them in Scripture that no it is not there is multiple scriptures about obedience multiple scriptures about the Judgment like the sheep and the goats. So everybody has equal access to the knowledge that they must obey and maintain their own salvation. So if they choose not to it is on them. When the faith that they claim to have collapses like Paul warned about people who followed with him making shipwreck of their faith. It was all on them.

Daniel Hutch

1 Like

In the original language, believing included following. It wasn’t just an intellectual consent to the facts. Some of the confusion happens when people think all they have to do is say, “Yes, I acknowledge this information to be true.” That’s not what the Bible teaches.

Laura Kay Mohr

How many sins does it take to “sin away” my salvation??

W Charles Brown

How can you maintain something you never had the capacity to earn? That is what breaks your analogy down. It’s like buying a car for someone who doesn’t have any money and has no capacity to pay for something. Of course they won’t have the ability to financially maintain a vehicle just like a child, they are going to rely on you.Did not Jesus say apart from me you can do nothing-That he is the root and HE produces fruit? Jesus is the author AND THE FINISHER of our faith friend Another question if Jesus sacrifice was not enough to utterly save us to the utmost, then what is difference between His blood and the blood of bulls and goats?You are blaspheming Jesus sacrifice by saying we have to work and maintain after believing. No. That’s animal sacrifices that never fully cleansed a person. Surely the blood of the Son of God wipes away sins forever. Jesus safe I’ve made an end of sins and forgives a person ALL of their sins. So now unlike animal scarifes because of Jesus we can truly REST. Friend I truly hope you believe and enter His rest and cease from dead works.

Mike Ryan

Just Take the car back and sell it

Rupert Rossouw

It does say that names can be blotted out of the Book of Life.

Terrice CitiZen

'All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. ’ (John 6:37-40,44,47)

W Charles Brown

God actually doesn’t say that you didn’t obey me… He says you did not know me… He says I never knew you… Relationship not religion… When you love him you do obey him, because you love him

Penny Hetrick

If the King gives you a brand new white garment to wear to his sons wedding party and you drag it through pig manure before showing up to the wedding, will the king still welcome you into his house?

August Iorio

What a horrendous and incomplete view of God

Brett Sheppard

To the preachers: feed the sheep properly. Preachers are now only in it for the money. Most

Kisha White

We do have to work to be obedient with help from God in order to apply what we desire; we can’t claim to love God without obedience according to many scripture verses. 1 John 1:6-7 is a great example; John says we lie and do not live by truth if we walk in darkness (sin). In other words, we don’t have salvation if we willfully walk in darkness. So, those claiming they are saved while they willfully do harm to their neighbor or sin against God are liars if they are sinning certain sins. Certain sins being those that scripture says will keep them out of the kingdom of heaven for practicing and sins like them. They will be kept out in the end if they don’t turn from willfully doing harm to their neighbor or sinning against God through disobedience.We are maintained by grace through faith if we don’t lose faith - the work of God; we don’t earn our salvation through our works. God does maintain us through his Son; and, He gives us His Holy Spirit along with ministering spirits to help us through our struggles and trials. He even prunes us to help us grow which is a form of maintenance from God while at the same time we work at maintaining ourselves through obedience. We are maintained and encouraged to work (faith without works is dead) which is how we mature and bear fruit in His kingdom. So, it is both our work and His but our salvation is by grace through faith; it is not by our works but instead God’s work. Salvation has not been fully attained in this life; we don’t yet have heaven; we are not there yet. We have the promise of salvation if we are not like the seed that fell in the wrong places and did not maintain life if it ever had it at all. Eve the Apostle Paul said he had to keep himself in control in order to not find himself a castaway. God bless!

Lance Ware