Fasting and prayer: This is very important!

I feel like this really needs to be stressed to my friends. Does it feel like your prayers aren’t getting answered or taking forever to get any type of response? I hate to tell you this but a lot of times prayer doesn’t work. What?!?! Johnny That’s a crazy thing to say right? But here’s why. Fasting and prayer works. Every single time. In the Bible almost all, I mean almost ALL Gods people prayed and fasted at the same time. You barely and barely heard of them praying without fasting especially when they needed a miracle or something big to happen. And guess what? EVERY time they fasted and prayed in the Bible a miracle happened. How many times did they fast and pray and a miracle happened? EVERY TIME. These are some of the people that fasted and prayed throughout the Bible. You ready? Ezra, Jesus, Moses, Paul, Isaiah, Esther and all the Jews, Elijah, Elisha, David, Jonah and the whole city, Anna in Luke, Cornelius (a gentile that God sent Peter to), Peter, Joel and all the Jews (Joel 1:14 2:12), the Pharisees (and even they got their reward) and that’s not all of them. What I’m saying is talking to my homies it sounds like we all could use a miracle, Now listen to this once you fast and pray you open that communication with God and your relationship with God is gonna blow up. It’s gonna open a whole new line of communication between you and God and guess what once that communication is open when you pray even when you’re not fasting you’ll have an open conversation. I tell you, you need a miracle something heavy is on your heart? Don’t listen to me. Who am I? But do what they do in the Bible. Everytime I fasted and prayed miracles happened. And when you are fasting and in constant prayer don’t be scared to ask for big things!! Talk to God tell him what’s on your mind. I hope you’re listening. Now listen you need to get around good Christians filled with the Holy Spirit that fully believe in the New Testament and the POWER of the Holy Spirit and the spiritual gifts. This is serious. :speaking_head::ear:t3:there’s other ways to put power behind your prayer msg me or hit me up and I’ll be happy to pass on things we all need to know as Christians love y’all

BY

Fasting and prayer are a necessity for Christians, to enable them to seek the face of God wholly.
What He wills for our lives can be found through fasting and prayers. Our 21st-century culture can lead you to become numb to what matters to God. Yet praying through fast challenges sharpens our spiritual discernment. When we fast from things such as social media, television, food, and even negative mindset, we readily get answers as we tend to pray the way the spirit wants. Romans 12:2.
We kindle the Holy Spirit fire during the course of fasting and prayer, we become change agents and intercessors for the broken and hurting during the period of fasting and prayer as we become sensitive in the realm of the spirit, hence we connect to the needs of others. Our hearts are revived and refreshed spiritually because of the act of fasting and prayer as recorded in Acts 1:8.

Every believer should cultivate the habit of fasting and prayers to enable them seek the face of God in total humility and turn aside from everything that keeps them busy. We become all we are intended when we follow the footsteps of the master our Lord Jesus through fasting and prayer.
Stay blessed.

Prayer has been part of the daily routine of servants of God throughout history.

Christ Himself regularly and at time He pray all night.
Luke 6:12
It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God.

Before the church started at the day of pentecost, the disciples gathered in Jerusalem and prayed together.

Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

When Peter was arrested, the congregation at Jerusalem also gathered together and prayed the whole night.

Act 12:12 And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying.

Fasting coupled with prayer is also a wonderful experience to internalize the lessons that we have to practice as a Christian.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Surprisingly, fasting also has an awesome benefit to our body.